2 stage tailcap help needed

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you MM but i've been looking at that for awhile without a solution.

Do you think I need to modify the nut that came with it?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you mean by this, "the little thing doesn't click and I don't know how to put it in."? :laughing:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I'm just wicked punchy right now.. This thing and people are making me nuts!!!

Pretty much I have the clickie assembled and the A19 tail cap apart.

I was given the assembly and the black plastic thing to screw into the cap. Here's the problem...does it go in?? first? Last? in the middle?

It doesn't fit anywhere... and without it the "junk" falls out and it doesn't work right (for humor I tired it with my fingers and it does work)

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're talking about the threaded jam nut it goes in after the rubber boot. Then the switch assembly snaps into it and is held in by it. If you push hard enough on the button without a battery pushing back on it it will pop out of the jam nut. It shouldn't just drop out though.

Did that make sense?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I assemble it in this order the button doesn't stick out enough to push.

Boot > Nut> Assembly

Twisting will turn it on low and high but the button doesn't even come close to reaching..

I'm so stumpted

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is a flat one...

CRAP (but with an S LOL)

I assembled it with the flat rubber thing in place of the button and it works but still falls out and falls apart when taking the tailcap off.. also, it does not seem to fit at tight as it did with a noticeable gap in the tailcap and switch..

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you Brian and TB!!! You folks are awesome!!!!

I have the million dollar question: How do I make the tail cap of my A19 1x123 one stage like the two stage sold at the shoppe? I know now that I have the incorrect parts :ohgeez:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FT assembly doesn't snap into the black retainer, like the regular McE2S...I will fall out, if the tailcap is removed from the light. If you tighten the black plastic jam nut more, the gap will change between the switch body and the cell tube.

TB

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
got ya.. that makes sense..

Do you happen to know if the shoppe sells the tail cap assembly like the one on the already two stage A19?

Thank You again for all your help!!!

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd assemble it, and use it...you might like it just fine. The only difference is, the boot cap is the flat rubber piece, and the distance to activate the switch. I prefer the one you have, it seems a little easier to activate for the momentary functions.

With two stage twist switches, I rarely use the momentary function.

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you ordered the correct assembly, and the Shoppe sent the wrong switch?

Your link shows the McE2S, the flat assembly is this one...Assembled McE2S FLAT LOTC two stage switch.

Check your invoice, if you still have it...or check your order history at the Shoppe's site to see exacty which switch you ordered.

TB

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked and it is the wrong one I order.. I dunno how but I guess I missed the fine print :lolsign:

Last questions..I swaer :)

Will this work in the L4 tailcap? I took one apart while trying to figure this thing out. lol

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manzerick said:
I just checked and it is the wrong one I order.. I dunno how but I guess I missed the fine print :lolsign:

Last questions..I swaer :)

Will this work in the L4 tailcap? I took one apart while trying to figure this thing out. lol
That one I can't help you with...no idea if I'll work with the L4 tailcap.

TB

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
This mod is now 100% complete!

When I got to work I used a pair of needle nose pliers to fit the nut all the way down. Now it works 100% :)

Thanks to all that helped!!