P1D-CE spares me traffic ticket and other stories

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
Ok, since had my Fenix, here are some cool stories. FYI, I work for a large manufacturing company.

1. Saw the head electrician working at plant early this week and said to him, "you might be interested in this". He was freakin floored, took out the stock minimag in his pocket which he says he uses everyday and wanted to go to other room to turn out light to compare (Ha Ha, girlfriend joked about that). He just kept saying "I just can't believe it, where did you get this." I directed him here and Fenix site.

2. Got pulled over couple weeks ago for brake light out and I didn't have drivers license or my recent insurance card. I thought I am getting some kind of a ticket. Then I thought I would show him Fenix and my Mag74 (with 1164 bulb). He almost fell over he couldn't believe it. Took down my email to exchange info on lights and just let me go with a nice verbal warning. :)

3. We have had a huge ice storm and yesterday was on the plant floor and electricity went out. Pitch black. I turned on my light and heard yells, "hey who has the flashlight." I called my girlfriend that moment to say see this is why we EDC lights.

4. Saw maintanance guy last week come from attached building that was dark walking with a cheap 2d light and asked me if I knew where the light switches were. I said they were on other side of building and to follow me. Told him his batteries must be low and said let me use my keychain light. He was amazed and said is that one of those "led" lights?

5. Lastly, you can just imagine what a few of the security guards have to say. :)

Skibane

Enlightened
Get in the habit of keeping a few gift-boxed Fenix lights in your office desk, and you could become the company "connection" for killer lights - Supplement your income a little bit! :D

Luxson

Newly Enlightened
Great stories farscape! I guess I got to load some impressive lights in my car to ward off traffic tickets :grin2: More stories please!

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
I was kind of hoping you were going to say, you used your p1d in turbo mode and disoriented the police officer long enough to flee the scene..

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
interesting stories. it is fun to learn such stories. bring them on.

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
farscape105 said:
Ok, since had my Fenix, here are some cool stories. FYI, I work for a large manufacturing company.

2. Got pulled over couple weeks ago for brake light out and I didn't have drivers license or my recent insurance card. I thought I am getting some kind of a ticket. Then I thought I would show him Fenix and my Mag74 (with 1164 bulb). He almost fell over he couldn't believe it. Took down my email to exchange info on lights and just let me go with a nice verbal warning. :)
Just out curiousity, how did you transition over to the flashlight topic. I suppose me looking around suspiciously and then quickly reaching into my backpocket to grab a black object might not end up with a happy ending like yours :).

Reminds me of the last time I got pulled over, the flashoholic in me was curious what light he was blinding me with, so I did make a side glance to see what looked like a streamlight. The gun-a-holic(?) in me noticed he was packing what looked like a S&W 4006. Afterwards, I realized how pathethic I was side glancing at those things, while in the middle of a busy freeway.

Last edited:

farscape105

Newly Enlightened
LOL, I just didn't whip it out. He used his light a bit looking in my car and asked for drivers license and while I was looking I said I am into lights and wondered what kind policeman use (played dumb) and that started conversation.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
farscape105 said:

1. Saw the head electrician working at plant early this week and said to him, "you might be interested in this". He was freakin floored, took out the stock minimag in his pocket which he says he uses everyday and wanted to go to other room to turn out light to compare (Ha Ha, girlfriend joked about that). He just kept saying "I just can't believe it, where did you get this." I directed him here and Fenix site.

3. We have had a huge ice storm and yesterday was on the plant floor and electricity went out. Pitch black. I turned on my light and heard yells, "hey who has the flashlight." I called my girlfriend that moment to say see this is why we EDC lights.

4. Saw maintanance guy last week come from attached building that was dark walking with a cheap 2d light and asked me if I knew where the light switches were. I said they were on other side of building and to follow me. Told him his batteries must be low and said let me use my keychain light. He was amazed and said is that one of those "led" lights?

5. Lastly, you can just imagine what a few of the security guards have to say. :)
Dude,
I am SO jealous right now! :goodjob: :rock:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd be suprised how many cops like to talk about their lights. I met a state trooper the other day, and got into "flashlight" talk bigtime. All I had on me at the time was my PD, and my 2D ROP-LE. He was blown away by both!

We exchanged numbers and a few days later calls me up with some more questions. Turns out he bought a couple Surefires, and wanted to know my opinion on them, and what he should get next. I talked him into letting me build him a 2D ROP-LE....wait till his fellow officers see that thing fire up for the first time :naughty: I have a feeling I may end up making a few more...

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
just hope the rop you build build dun blow up big time with the li ion cellsJust joking dun take any offense okie. :laughing:
I introduce a batch of inova T4 to my work place for my guys to use when they inspect and work on the engines. I enjoy seeing the way the light stays bright after the much more known magcharger dims later.

Strauss said:
You'd be suprised how many cops like to talk about their lights. I met a state trooper the other day, and got into "flashlight" talk bigtime. All I had on me at the time was my PD, and my 2D ROP-LE. He was blown away by both!

We exchanged numbers and a few days later calls me up with some more questions. Turns out he bought a couple Surefires, and wanted to know my opinion on them, and what he should get next. I talked him into letting me build him a 2D ROP-LE....wait till his fellow officers see that thing fire up for the first time :naughty: I have a feeling I may end up making a few more...

Latest posts