Beautiful, just Beautiful...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I had a crappy night of pretty much no sleep.

I had to pooch around Houston yesterday, and now have to go through it on the way to Corpus Christi.

At least the weather will be good (as far as I know!).

Wish me luck!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Well, the good news is:

A: I stayed awake and didn't crash!
B: I got through Houston going Southbound like grain through a goose. It could have had a LOT to do with the fact it was between 5AM and 5:30AM as I went through.

The bad news is since it's Friday the traffic Northbound was at least as bad as 5-6PM on most days.

The Highway Department has some first class brains working for 'em. Near downtown on 59N the two left lanes (you know, the ones where everyone is MOVING!) MUST EXIT. At the same time just prior to THAT loss of two lanes ANOTHER lane ends and has to merge.

Effing BRILLIANT!

I KNOW what lane to be in, and I would bet many of the others know too. But a LOT of people wait until the last second to merge and that screws EVERYTHING up!

Then I could never get a good flow going farther north. Too many loose screws behind too many wheels!

On the WAY UP side of things, I reset the mileage average about three times today...

I kept it at 20.6 or above at 13,400 LBS or so Southbound, and 21.7 or higher Northbound at around 10K LBS. Gotta LOVE that Cummins! It MUST be mentioned that I generally cruise control at 1800 RPM +- which is about 63 MPH. Even going up to 1850-1875 RPM shows a difference...