Murphy's Law

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Well, not really....

I usually toss my McClux PD or McClux PD-cree mod in my jacket while I work the graveyard shift. I forgot to bring an EDC tonight. Sure enough, there was a 4.4/4.3 tremor in the Bay Area tonight while at work. I am working in a hospital that has been deemed unsafe in an earthquake :eeksign:. Well, it ended up not being anything major, just a couple of things falling off the shelf, and power was of course not affected.

But afterwards, I told myself I knew things like this happen, when I really should be carrying some type of EDC. Four more hours before my shifts ends...I hope that wasn't just a foreshock. Let's hope I don't need an EDC tonight. Well, I do have my Photon clone on my keys :).

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you had a stroke of good luck!

That's anything BUT Murphy's Law. :)

The good thing about these experiences is that you'll be much more likely to recall this incident and pack your EDC like you should.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I've just made it a routine for me to always put on my EDC when I leave the house. I feel completely naked without it even though a year ago I never carried a flashlight. I carry mine in a holster on my belt. Make it a habit and you'll just do it automatically. Remember, the life you save may be your own.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Murphy is always right. Geez creampuff, you need to stash a light or 2 at work. My current stash "stash" is an E2O w/SC3 and a Arc AAA standard with extra lithium battery just in case I forget to EDC.

I feel for ya man...