• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need help building a Porcupine look-a-like

Gordov2

Enlightened
I really want to purchase, or build a Porcupine look-a-like. I also would consider purchasing a real one if the price were right (and if I could find one). However, I am thinking that maybe with a Pineapple tube and some other parts, making this light wouldn't be too hard. Could anyone help? I need your advice with what parts I would need and how to assemble it. I would also be very interested in someone building this light for me (for a reasonable price of course). My goal is obtaining the brightest, tightest, long-throw, LED beam that I can get, using a two or three battery tube.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank in advance!

RCatR

Enlightened
The easiest way would be to "lego" together an E2D head, pineapple body, and E2D tailcap. Then power it with two rechargeable 123's(higher voltage) and get a lumens factory bulb(150)

This wouldn't be an LED solution, but it would get you a rechargeable bright "porcupine-like" light

s.duff

Enlightened
you're thinking an L6 porky right? i have been hoping for a really long time that someone would make a porcupine body that fit the KL6. and I have yet to see anyone make a strike bezel for them

Gordov2

Enlightened
OK this is great info! Keep it coming please! Is there more info? Further ideas?

Please expound on the "lumens factory bulb (150)"

How about a crenl. bezel? Could we work that into the mix?

s.duff

Enlightened
maybe someone could make an adapter to connect the custom pineapple bodies to the KL6?

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
i think the pineapple bodies are E-series compatible? if so could you use a E-C adapter, and a C-M series adapter(i think that both of these are being made, or were made at some point)

s.duff

Enlightened
that may work, but do you think with the two adapters that it would be too far to make contact?

Last edited:

RCatR

Enlightened
If you wanted monster throw a turbo head the size of a maglite head could be built, and a 50mm aspherical lens installed. A smaller option would be for a 30mm aspherical lens. My hands are a little bit full right now, but i might be able to throw something together later next week.