My sister is having two operations today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My sister is having appendectomy and gall bladder removal operations today; so if you care to, shine something bright skyward at 11:00am PST today.
I realise it will be daylight in the western hemisphere and that shining lights skyward seems pointless, and that these operations are rather minor, but things can go sour. So here's hoping the procedures go smoothly and that she emerges from the operating room a new woman. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got a call from my stepmother, and she told me that Angie was wheeled into the O.R. at 10:10am PST; so I took my royal blue Arc LS outside and shined it skyward.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
good luck to her! Heading out with light in hand! (even though it is pretty sunny over here, still, symbols cannot be outshun, even by the sun!).

TorchMan

Enlightened
My strange neighbors probably think I'm strange. It's a beautiful, sunny day here. I just took the orange bodied 6 MCP light outside and briefly shined it at the sky.

Hope all is well!:candle:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
ACMarina said:
Any news, Craig?
Nothing yet...but mom will call when Angie gets out of the O.R.
She can't use her cellular telephone inside the hospital, so there will be a delay between the time Angie is wheeled to recovery and when mom calls to let me know that.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got off the telephone with my mother; she tells me that Angie came out of the O.R. approximately one hour ago. The operation took ~4 hours, instead of the ~1.5 hours that would be normal for this type of operation. They performed laproscopic surgery to remove both her appendix and gall bladder; however, now Angie complains of pain in her uterus. Examination revelals her ovaries & uterus are inflamed, but they do not know why. So they'll be bringing in a gynecologist and a urologist.

Suffice it to say, the "fat lady" hasn't finished singing yet. :candle:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Craig, like your Sis, the Arc is special. It's dark now and letting nothing to chance I'll drag out the HID. Hope the inflammation is only from the operation and every thing's OK.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Prayers sent. I pray that she recovers and is pain free soon.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm crossing my fingers for her also, Craig.

...brb...

...just went outside and shined a K2 LED skyward for her. I hope it's nothing serious. :candle:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig I just came across this thread and shined my Space Needle II out the window. I know it doesn't carry the weight it once did as it's been eclipsed by brighter, smaller lights but it still has some impact so I hope the powers to be recognized it and will bestow good luck for Angie.

Status
Not open for further replies.