Dealextreme Problems

gbear

Newly Enlightened
Anybody had any problems with dealextreme? I received a few items from them, everything came in okay except they sent 1 item that was the wrong voltage. Should have been a 6 volt bulb instead they sent a 9 volt. Also some of the other things did not work properly. No problem, sent Kyle and Melissa an email and they said send it back and they would refund shipping and replace the items. I asked if I could just get different items on some of things and replace the others. I have not heard back from them after repeated emails. All this happened just recently so I am not sure if they are back from their New Year yet. Not sure what to do next????

Gbear

Last edited:

ksonger

Newly Enlightened
i believe that the chinese new year is 15 days long and started on Feb 18th and ends on March 4th, that is two days from now. I am awaiting several items and responses from chinese vendors that are pretty much unavailable during this time.

ken

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
While this company uses mail drops in Hong Kong and Miami, they're actually across the border in China. As I understand it, many of the factories in China are closed for Spring Festival until the Lantern Festival (15th day of the 1st month,) though some in Taiwan are even closed for 3 weeks!

People in San Francisco know the Lantern Festival celebration better as "The Chinese New Year Parade" :)

gbear said:
All this happened just recently so I think they are back from their New Year. Not sure what to do next????

Gbear

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
I have always had great communication with DealExtreme. The last few communication have taken a little longer but I am sure that is due to the Chinese new year. For the prices they offer, I am willing to let them have a vacation once in a while. :)

BTW, How come they get 2 weeks off for a new year and in the U.S. we only get 1 day. I am jealous. :mad:

Vermonter73

Enlightened
davenlei said:
BTW, How come they get 2 weeks off for a new year and in the U.S. we only get 1 day. I am jealous. :mad:

That's part of why we have a higher standard of living.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina said:
Send the stuff back, like they asked?? I'm not sure what you're wondering about...
This is the best way to start. The guy who runs it has been around, is genuine, and goes out of his way to accomodate his customers.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably for the same reason that most Europeans get at least 4 weeks of vacation time from their employment while working 7 hour days, while US many US companies are reducing their employee leave deceptively by combining sick leave and vacation time and calling it Personal Time Off.

davenlei said:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an email from him yesterday but it sounded like he was just catching up from some busy times. Excellent communications with DX and Kyle - I'm sure he'll take care of you but sometimes it is best to keep things simple - as in just ask to replace a bad item rather than exchange for another type of item. That tends to complicate things and might hold up an otherwise simple exchange. As a former large retail store manager I would tend to be a bit suspicious of someone who brought in a broken item and wanted to exchange it for something different if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Yep, Americans work more than anyone else. Sometimes it seems like all I, and other people I know do, is work all the time! Sad waste of a life really.. but that's how it is.. :/

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could not say it better myself. I am changing jobs, because I am actually working alot more than your average American. I want to get my life back.
InfidelCastro said:
Yep, Americans work more than anyone else. Sometimes it seems like all I, and other people I know do, is work all the time! Sad waste of a life really.. but that's how it is.. :/

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
also received one 2 CR 123 light with a 9 V assembly.
As intended to be used as a host, I dont mind.

Maybe thats why the think about using 2 CR123 Li-Ions with such lights?
Should work good on this LA, while the 6 V would be instaflashed.

gbear

Newly Enlightened
ACMarina said:
Send the stuff back, like they asked?? I'm not sure what you're wondering about...

I am asking about not hearing from them for a while. But like ksonger said maybe they are not back from vacation yet. Patience, patience.:awman:

Thanks,

Gary