Flashlight clearance at Target -- Inova Radiant, Mag, River Rock

Ikonomi

Enlightened
Hey guys. My local Target has a lot of flashlights on clearance, only 30% off as of today. I picked up a River Rock lantern just in case there were none left when it hits 75% off. :p

Lots of stuff... Copper Minimags and Solitaires, RR 1.5W lights, RR lanterns, Inova Radiant AA and AAAs, Inova microlights, silver RR 2AAAs (only the silver I think), plus a lot in the kids' section I didn't look at.

Just a heads up. There are some pretty nice lights on clearance. And if you're not sure how Target clearance works, the first step for most merchandise is 30% off, for a week or more, then 50%, then 75%. Each Target tends to mark stuff down on its own schedule, and things often get bought before they hit 75% off, so YMMV.

cutlerylover

Banned
jayflash said:
Too bad it would cost me $40 and two hours of road time.

Same here, it would cost me $20 in gas to get to the closest target from my house, but if I end up by there soon Ill check them out, Thanks for the heads up!

InfidelCastro

Banned
Were the X5's or XO/XO3's on clearance?

I'm not down with the Radiants, I definately don't need another Mag and the River Rock lantern with its 1.5W Nichia Jupiter LED will surely be surpassed by something Seoul or Cree based before barbeque season I would think..

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay Ikonomi, it's all your fault that I'm taking a diversion on the way home tonight. :) Though I really, for the life of me, can't think of anything that I really need or even want from Target's flashlight aisle.

Monolith

Enlightened
Black & Decker LED Snakelights are half price ($14.99). Only radiants were on sale along with copper solitaires and 2D mags and some pewter 4D mags.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owe you a tall cool one. You just saved me a trip :)

Monolith said:
Black & Decker LED Snakelights are half price ($14.99). Only radiants were on sale along with copper solitaires and 2D mags and some pewter 4D mags.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
Hmmm ... River Rocks at 30% off? Can't think of one I want. I have the much unloved 2AA and it's just OK. Bright, but a lousy, ringy moonbeam. Fit and finish is superb, though.

Don't like the Inova lights. Expensive and they have a very blue tint.

I might pick up another copper Minimag. Gave my last one (with a Nite-Ize module) to a special ladyfriend.

At 70% off, though, there's probably not a flashlight sold at Target I wouldn't buy. ;)

InfidelCastro

Banned
How much were the copper Solitaires? I picked about ten of them up at Target last year for $1.22 apiece.

Monolith

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
How much were the copper Solitaires? I picked about ten of them up at Target last year for $1.22 apiece.
$3.XX - I can't remember the exact amount.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Now that I think about it, I think it was 5 or 6 Solitaires at $1.22 and same amount of Minimag for $2.14. That was a good clearance sale.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Noticed the sale at my Target tonight, too. Not much available here, though. It was pretty picked over. I considered a Buzz Lightyear LED 4AAA flashlight/lantern.

Geoff

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw the 4D folding flourescent lantern on clearance also, If it drops to $6 I will probably grab one.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight said:
That's always a good sign of new merch coming. Does target pricematch?

I think that Target has not done pricematching since sometime in the 90s. I tried at three stores to get them to price match the X1s and X5s when Fry's was selling them for $5 and $15 or $20 and two stores said they didn't do pricematching at all. The third store had a more informed CSR and she said that to combat stores like Fry's, Highland (if anyone remembers them) and similar stores that will often buy devalued products and sell them as current products, Target stopped doing any sort of price matching.