CHEAP, CHEAP!! But will they work in a surefire?

harddrive

Enlightened
Just found these cree drop ins at dealextreme. $12.50 delivered:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1447

Anyone reckon they will fit in a surefire 6P/9P etc? Has anyone tryed the previous cree modules offered by dealextreme?

I sent an email asking about surefire compatibility but I guess I wont get a reply until next week.........

Last edited:

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Re: CHEAP, CHEAP!! But will they worth in a surefire?

Don't know.

I'm not a purist, but sounds like you do English well; "worth" = "work"? Always good idea to check over what one types.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Originally Posted by ICUDOC: Australian is very similar to English, HarveyRich, but not the same.
Yeah, I know. Been Down Under. Great Fun and could usually understand everyone.:)

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
The only thing I could find is that the Length appears to be different, 1.1 vs. 1.25 inches...this could be significant if one fits properly and the other creates a gap between the body and bezel such as in a surefire. This is a similar problem other cree drop ins have been having-not being able to tighten the bezel all the way down.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one in my 6P, work great, got a very small gap from the bezel.

harddrive said:
Anyone reckon they will fit in a surefire 6P/9P etc? Has anyone tryed the previous cree modules offered by dealextreme?

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
Any idea how many lumens? I'd like to drop one in my G2 Nitrolon.

Streamer

Enlightened
Vickers said:
I wonder if it works in a Brinkman Maxfire?

I removed the lamp assembly from the Maxfire head and from the outside of the reflector to the base pin connector it measures right at 1.25 inches. I assume the measurements given on Deal Extreme are from the outside of the reflector to the tip of their "spring" also??? Not quite sure myself. I did notice the surefire lamp assembly will not light unless it is pushed all the way flush with the tube, so anything shorter than 1.25" would seem shaky to me.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
carbine15 said:
I wonder how it differs from the other one at DX? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1343

Comparing the different photos, the $14.00 model shows a large spring, while the $12.50 version does not show this spring fitted. Also the $12.50 model says the reflector is not removable, while the $14.00 version is clearly removeable, and looks identical to the one I paid $50 for....grrrr.

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
Just got this email back from Dealextreme:

"I've been physically ill so apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Although I don't have a Surefire 6P/9P light, if a regular 6V/9V Xenon bulb can fit in your light then it is the most probable that the Cree Drop In module will work in it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Kyle Chen

DealExtreme.com Customer Support"

Not really a definative answer. I am thinking it may be too long as another poster mentioned. So cheap though.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could break out your trusty dremmel and make it shorter as you will. That's what I did. I fit mine in a Sams Club cyclops Xenon 2 x 123 light. It's brighter than my direct drive resistored 3watt luxeon cyclops so I'm pretty happy with it. I had to cut the reflector completely off and shave it down. I also had to ream out the opeining in the cylops head to accomodate the length of the module. It works! and only three hours of dremmeling and test fitting.

Tritium

Enlightened
I have one from litemania and one from deal extreem. Both fit my 6P and C2 (with a small gap).

Thurmond

harddrive

Enlightened
Tritium said:
I have one from litemania and one from deal extreem. Both fit my 6P and C2 (with a small gap).

Thurmond

Is the deal extreme one the $14 or $12.50 one?

What is the output like between the Litemania and the Dealextreme one?

Thanks

Illum

Flashaholic

when comparing with a pic of P60 for surefires...
mmm, what do you suppose the extra extensions for? a deeper reflector?:huh2:

Tritium

Enlightened
harddrive said:
Is the deal extreme one the $14 or $12.50 one?

What is the output like between the Litemania and the Dealextreme one?

Thanks

$14. I am waiting for a replacement since the LED was damaged on the first one. (lens of the Cree was loose causing terrible beam issues)

I will post my impressions as soon as the second one is received.

Edit: Deal Extreme canceled my order and refunded my money. (their decision not my request:rant: ).

Thurmond

Last edited:

Latest posts