Fenix P1D CE, L1D CE, L2D CE low battery warning?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can I tell when the regular batteries in the above lights are getting very low. I dont want to change them too early, is there a warning of some kind?

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figure I'll know when it won't go to the higher setting.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, so what if your light is set at Turbo setting, does this mean that the light will not turn on or will it go to the next setting.

Supernam

Enlightened
I believe what tsask means is that there is not any real difference between high mode, and turbo mode.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the light completely dies (LxD CE series) when switching modes, it means your battery is low (no reference to my screen name). You now have to wait about 30 seconds for the battery to recover enough for it to work again. Once you get the light on don't keep switching modes or it'll die again.

noorudeenshakur

Newly Enlightened
I noticed on mine when the batteries were getting low that there was no other setting besides low.

Normal and Turbo mode looked the same as low mode,

You will notice a dramatic drop in brightness at very low battery power, it still outputs usable light though, but when this happens i just throw a new battery in.......I love my turbo mode :)

Skibane

Enlightened
On the L2D-CE, as soon as the rubber cover on the bottom-mounted switch swells to approximately 4 inches in diameter, there is a 96 percent probability of cell reversal due to over-discharge - which indicates that you should have turned the light off approximately 15 minutes ago...

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skibane said:
On the L2D-CE, as soon as the rubber cover on the bottom-mounted switch swells to approximately 4 inches in diameter, there is a 96 percent probability of cell reversal due to over-discharge - which indicates that you should have turned the light off approximately 15 minutes ago...
:laughing: Might come in handy if your L2D-CE fell overboard. Just wait in the same spot until the batteries are sufficiently drained and the rubber switch cover inflates causing the flashlight to float to the surface for easy retrieval.