Energizer Tactical?

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Like many of you, I have seen some of the info on the new Energizer "Tactical" angle head light floating around the net. While at Home Depot yesterday, I saw a new Energizer AA that looks quite a bit like the angle head pics I have seen (only it is not an angle) HARD CASE PROFESSIONAL.....squarish body shape, square head etc. It has three small leds in it with a high polished reflector.
I'm sure it's tough and water resistant and all that....seems like plenty of engineering went into the design for toughness etc.
Unfortunately the light that it produces is absolutley horrible. The beam shot is like a faded square inside another faded square and not smooth at all. The "hotspot" is really just a purple blob inside the yellow square (I will take some pics if I get a chance).
Thankfully, this thing was only $12.97 and not the $69 advertised for the "tactical military" version. If I dropped $69 on a light that performed anywhere near this I would be puking for weeks!:barf:
It is truly amazing the differences between lights....I EDC a Civictor which was like $26 and the light from it as absolutley beautiful (I also own a good collection of SF but obviously that's a totall different price range). How nice it would have been to get Civictor performance from this light....it would make it worth more than twice the price for sure.
I am not a modder but it might be a candidate for a mod if you can get to the head (it's a super tough light and with better output it would be great).

Nebula

Enlightened
CD - do a search under Hardcase and you will find several threads on this light. I have had four modded thus far. Two gray and two of the original yellow. My comments on these mods can be found in posts I made in a couple of the threads. KK