looking for a mini led key light.

Slowrider

Newly Enlightened
hello

i looking for somthing like this on te pics.
its a cobination of led and laser key light. very small.
i cant find this in a webshop :awman: just bigger ones.....
any ideas where i can buy it?

QP3Q0.jpg

QPSAJ.jpg

QQ8BS.jpg

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy 4 similar to this for $4.60 shipped ($1.15 each) here.

I bought a set of those, the laser pointer is pretty decent, but the LED that is on there is all flood -- useful for reading things up close but not as useful as these coin cell lights, $4.68 shipped for 10.

Those lights are good as is, even better if you substitute in some different LEDs, like I posted about here

Secur1

Enlightened
These lights are extremely unreliable and most of the time the battery actually outlasts the lifetime of the actual light....
I strongly advice against them even at 1$ it's just a waste of money....

Slowrider

Newly Enlightened
Secur1 said:
These lights are extremely unreliable and most of the time the battery actually outlasts the lifetime of the actual light....
I strongly advice against them even at 1$ it's just a waste of money....
yes, i know :awman:
it dont must have a laser inside.
i just want reliably and very small keylight.
price is not important.

suvdave

Newly Enlightened
Like Slowrider, I'm also looking for a good quality small bright versatile keychain light. The Cree or SSC AAA lights look the best to me right now. My main contenders are the Fenix L0D-CE ($44), LiteFlux LF2 XR-E ($55), and new Huntlight FT04XJA3 SSC ($48). I understand that JetBeam will also have a AAA Cree out soon. Any other AAA's out there with high outputs I should be looking at? Runtimes are not too important for me, since it will only be used sparingly. Something with multiple levels is a plus.

While the market for these latest generation AAA lights matures, I may buy a Photon Freedom Micro with covert nose since this seem like such a neat little inexpensive light to play with on my keychain.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Slowrider said:
price is not important.
A lot of people love the ARC AAA and AAA-P. Another good choice would be one of the Peak LED Solutions lights, such as the Matterhorn or Shasta. My CR2 Ion is very small, has 2 levels and is very well built.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138285

I just got one of these, and it's VERY nice. A little expensive at $125 delivered, and it may take a while to get one, but a super-duper keychain light.

I got the .50 mAh low, which is nice for reading and gives about 4 hours run time, and 1.25 high, which is nice for a burst of light when you need it, but only gives about 30 minutes run time.

With a NiMh cell, the weight is negligable, and it's so tiny it practically disapears on my keyring. Simple, reliable, perfect.

Derek

Secur1

Enlightened
Slowrider said:
yes, i know :awman:
it dont must have a laser inside.
price is not important.

Man if price is not important GET A DRACO ! :D It is the best/smallest/brightest keuchain light available now.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
SuperNinja said:
This one is pretty small.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.52

I use it often when I am working on computers.
IMHO if you're going to go for a single LED, the best bet is the coincell lights from DX. However, that light doesn't look like a bad candidate for smallest Seoul/Cree powered light as a mod :D.

I referred to a post earlier, but I'll go ahead an duplicate the images of some of the modded DX lights I have. On fresh batteries, these modded lights put out as much light as a stock Elly, nearly 20 lumens. This is definitely overdrive (about 80mA), but for momentary burst, they are truly awesome.

Coincell lights from Dealextreme, more efficient LEDs to drop in are available from here.

Left - White JELED
Center - Stock DX White (looks very blue)
Right - Red JELED with 2032 battery (should have about double the runtime of the others)

"Whitewall" beamshots from each -- the white ones appear much brighter in reality (the above appears more lifelike)

This is one of the 5mm LEDs where I sanded down the "dome" completely flat using 600 grit sandpaper, it produces an even flood beam which is great for reading in the dark:

THREE of these on my keychain is less cumbersome than most 1xAAA lights, or even many of the skinny button-cell lights.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
2xTrinity said:
. . more efficient LEDs to drop in are available from here.
$3.99 + $9.95 shipping? $4.99 + $13.00 shipping? That's an insult to my intelligence, or at least implies that I didn't learn arithmetic beyond second grade level.

c_c

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious_character said:
$3.99 + $9.95 shipping? $4.99 + $13.00 shipping? That's an insult to my intelligence, or at least implies that I didn't learn arithmetic beyond second grade level.

c_c
Hmm. The 50 pack used to be $13.95 (with free shipping). Now it's a bargain by comparison at only $3.99! :D

Either way though, doing the mod with the LEDs from those guys is really only cost effective if you're swapping out a whole bunch to give away to people, like the ~20 or so that I did so far. There may be other good sources for LEDs, I'm still looking around for good high efficiency white ones.