Silly question...

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Here's a question that I've wondered about and looked around for a little to find out but still no answers: Can I put a L2 head on any L2 body to get the performance I want such as:
L2S body + L2T head =L2T performance

OR

L2S body + L2D head = L2D performance

I have an L2s on the way (my gf got me my birthday present :)) and I was wondering if I could do the aforementioned head switching to get what I want?

thanks,
Phil

P.S. Yes, I know the L2S is type II ano. and No this does not bother me.

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
Fenix-store sells L2T with an L1S body, so I guess the LxT and LxS heads/bodies are compatible. The performance of the light depends on the head (the body is just a battery holder).

I have an L1T and an L1DCE (sweet light :)). The two lights have incompatible threads for the heads so they're not switcheable. So the LxS/T series are not compatible with the LxD series. The tailcaps are the same though.

Hope that's clear enough :D

Regards,
jc

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Thanks JC, that information almost makes me believe that you can switch them if their (presumably) purposefully threaded differently. I'm not calling fenix cheap or swindlers or whatever, if I were in their shoes I would absolutely do the same in order to keep people buying the whole light. Now, has anyone found a way to rethread either the body or head? :)

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
Well the LxD head is a little wider than the LxT/S so the LxT body slides right into the LxD head and there is no contact between the threads. So I guess it can't easily be rethreaded. Probably more trouble than it's worth.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Yea alright, thanks JC, I figured it was just worth a shot. :)