Subjective question but...best all around Cree light?

mmace1

Enlightened
Last time I was shopping for an all-around light I went with the Streamlight Propoly 4aa...which I love, though I would prefer a bit more spill at the expense of throw (but at $28, it seemed like the best deal out there)

Now that Crees are in the market, any opinions on a great replacement all-around light? I'm somewhat price....er, "value" conscious, given that I'm not exactly a hobbiest in this category, just interested.

Oh...and I should probably just search...but maybe someone is dying to explain any way...what's a Seoul P4, difference between that & the new Crees? Thanks!

htapmenossip

Banned
I'm new but very value consiious too. I can't imagine why people buy the very high priced custom lights being sold on this board. Those who sell these lights at these extremely high prices must think us real suckers.

Smoken Joe

Newly Enlightened
There is a reason some spend that kind of money. I am not one of them sadly but it isnt mony wasted most of the time.

mmace1 If you are looking for bag for the buck check out the stiky top of this forum and look at the Deal time extreem Flenix plenty of good deals but you often get what you pay for. Some of the one off lights are not the best ever made but some people dont want an average light.

htapmenossip Wallmart has plenty of 1 doller throw aways nad many half decent LED's if that is what floats your boat. Cheap often pays twice or over and over in the case of the cheapest lights. A good lite can pay for itself many times over by not breaking and using fewer batteries too.

Last edited:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, many aspects go along with spending a lot of money on a flashlight. Build quality, technology, so on and so forth. Many people spend a lot more money on stuff that is only functional as what it is, like a baseball card or an old stamp..

If you want a decent light for the money, just go to the dealer's section and browse through what all is out there. There are lots of decent flashlights out there for around what you paid for your propoly..

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
htapmenossip said:
I'm new but very value consiious too. I can't imagine why people buy the very high priced custom lights being sold on this board. Those who sell these lights at these extremely high prices must think us real suckers.

I could not disagree more.

I would go with the L1D-CE...upgrade with other bodies later.

Bertrik

Newly Enlightened
I think it's still a bit early to say what is the best Cree light, with all these new cree lights coming out lately. I think if streamlight makes a SL 4AA PP Cree for about the same price as the Lux, it will be a very successful light.