Used my MM Solitaire with SMJLED to fix a brastrap...

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
I put my MM Solitaire with SMJLED to a noble and worthwhile cause last night. So I'm all up in the club, kickin it with my homies, when this young lady has her brastrap become detatched. Apparently all the bouncing and jostling was just too much for the equipment to take. Well, being the gentlman that I am, I whip out my keyring Soli and provide her with sufficient light to overcome her wardrobe malfunction. In her defense, the strap part was clear and there wasn't a whole lot of ambient light, so it was pretty difficult to see, much less affix 2 pieces together amidst a sea of gyrating people. After 1 or 2 more times of this, she was very thankful, and I felt like I had accomplished something, and was proud of my little pocket light !!

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
this threads is useless without pics :p

well, this is one of those times where a light is used at a most unusual place

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
"All up in the club, kickin it with my homies"???

Is this english? Ebonics? Glad to know that you can use a flashlight creatively....with your masterful use of the english language you may need to use that pocket light while you pump gas.

I weep for the future.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha. I used my L0D-CE in a club 2 weeks ago. Some young girl had lost her ear-ring and was using her cell-phone to look by her feet. I fired up my light and pointed it about 7feet away under a table and found it for her. She gave me a big kiss but no phone number. Oh well there is always next week! :D

campdavid hahaha :) I don't like the lingo either nor the music. In fact I can't stand it but the ladies seem to go to such places. I keep hoping the trend will fade but it keeps going...

Oh yeah, the bouncers saw the light and started to walk towards me until they saw I wasn't security. I now have a li-ion in my L0D-CE. Totally blows away their 2D mags!! haha. Just something you have to watch out for and remember.

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
Campdavid said:
"All up in the club, kickin it with my homies"???

Is this english? Ebonics? Glad to know that you can use a flashlight creatively....with your masterful use of the english language you may need to use that pocket light while you pump gas.

I weep for the future.

You should surf some of the Honda tuner/ performance forums. Sad. Word up, yo.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
And I was gonna post about using my streamlight lux Jr to help someone change a tire, including shining in his trunk to turn off his air shock system so he wouldn't have to jack the car up to the moon. Guess wardrobe malfunctions are more interesting eh?

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, well I guess I could've used better English or grammar. LOL. You probably can't tell from that that I have a Master's in Electrical Engineering, but I kinda like it that way. Was just trying to relate to the "younger crowd". :)

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
moodysj, interesting story and use of your light! Welcome to CPF. Just ignore those who criticize in these threads. I guess some people forget that our world is full of diverse people. Had to help my wife find an earring at our last Christmas party with my fenix P1. Since I started posting here at CPF, I EDC becaue you will need a light when you least expect it! So on a final word "peace out"

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
"Diverse people" Diversity is fine I suppose....it is just sad to see our country, language and culture dissolve.

Vermonter73

Enlightened
Campdavid said:
"Diverse people" Diversity is fine I suppose....it is just sad to see our country, language and culture dissolve.

Seems like the OP was displaying some culture, no?

At least his grammar and spelling were mostly correct.

:goodjob:

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Campdavid said:
I agree. We should not have to "dumb down" our language to relate to the "younger" crowd. :ohgeez:

It's sad, but we do the have the freedom to express ourselves as we choose. Sad.:mecry:

My 2 cents.

BillSJCA

Newly Enlightened
freefall8 said:
Beamshots?
Yes, especially if the high beams were on...

btw.. I thought the colorful lingo helped set the atmosphere of the situation. You were quite articulate in the rest of your post. Some people (crackers?) are too uptight :)

Now if you were to talk/post that way all the time, that would drive me freak'n nuts!

Bill

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE!!!....I thought the language used helped to get the feel of "bein' in da club"
Good story though.....PICS????
My CPF I.D uses ebonics.....hope it doesn't offend anyone.