After a LED light with excellent flood and run time

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all these new lights out there, I am after a LED light that is 1x 17670 or 1x 18650 size, has a great flood beam with medium throw and great run time. Whats out there at the moment?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
What?......nobody has any suggestions?.....this must mean that todays LED lights are only throwers with good run times....oh well......

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm....... I'll give this one a shot. Check out this review:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/huntlight_ft01xse.htm

With the MOP reflector installed, this light seems to put out a pretty good wall of light, but with respectable throw too (you can change to a SMO reflector, included I believe, if you decide you want a more focused beam).

With an 18650 2400 mAh cell it seems to get almost 4 hours on high, and more than 31 hours on it's lowest setting. How's that for long run times?

As a bonus it will also run on either primary CR123a batteries or RCR123 batteries. Talk about versatile. The one downside that I can find with this light is that it doesn't seem to run in regulation when using the 18650 battery. Well, almost perfect.

But, in most respects, this looks like a winner to me. :)

Derek

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
why not have both? just stuff a diffuser (slip of plastic) over any 18650 light out there.
OR
remove any optics, or reflector, in anything, and replace with white paper, or white plastic, or reflective window film (like 3m house film) put that stuff around the BARREL, so the light not being directed, still goes out the front.

the simple Tri-Star mag thing without any optical alterations (toss the reflectors), makes one bright wide thing really fast. and its just as easy, to put a piece of diffusion over the lense, or just 400 sand the plastic lens.

Last edited: