What excuses do people use for NOT EDC'ing?

Supernam

Enlightened
What were some of the excuses that you have heard people use when you suggest they carry a flashlight with them? My guess is that people think it's too cumbersome or that it takes up too much space in their pockets/keychains. I EDC a fauxton on my keychain and that's all the light I honestly need.

highorder

Enlightened
no room in my pocket for that 6D mag...

also, those people dont see the need to carry anything, never mind a light.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the people I've talked to about lights I've ended up giving/selling them a photon clone at the very least -- it takes up next to no room and the modified ones I have with the brighter LEDs put out a healthy amount of light for general use. I can understand not wanting to pocket-carry lights though -- I'm the kind of person who likes to carry the absolute minimum at all times -- a cell phone, the smallest possible wallet that will carry what I need it to, and the few most-important keys, plus several small keychain lights. My keychain now has on it 3 photon clones at minimum, and soon a Fenix L0D. That should have me covered for most unexpected scenarios where a light would be needed. If I expect to use a light though, I will pocket something bigger. I also generally EDC a couple lights in my vehicle, or (if I have it with me) in my backpack -- there I have enoguh room to EDC all kinds of things, including an 18650-sized flashlight and a spare battery.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
It's funny that the people who most borrow my lights are the ones who insist they really don't need to carry a light (of course not, as long as I'm there to borrow from). Most people don't know about small, bright lights. If you suggest they carry a flashlight, they're thinking about a 2 d-cell light like a maglight. I have to admit I certainly wouldn't want to carry a d-cell maglight. If you tell them how much you paid for your flashlights they look at you like you have 2 heads. Some people will only prepare themselves for emergencies when they've had to live through one. I try to learn from Other people's mistakes.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
"It's daytime, I don't need one right now."

(I carry a Draco on my keychain, BTW, so, I do EDC a light.)

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
A P1D-CE hangs on my keychain. Is that good enough, or do I have to attach it to my body?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
the one my dad uses for not edcing, is that he does not want to lose his 150+ dollar flashlight. well over 200+ once you add his costum john willis holster and a fisher space pen bullet.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't normally EDC a light. I don't like carrying arond lots of stuff. Only when I think I'll need it, or when it's dark out.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a Solitaire on my keychain and a Nawai Q3 in the car so i've got a good light close when i need one. Now that ive got an Orb raw NS I carry it because the thing is so small that i can carry it inside it's case, in my pocket.

Most people never think to carry a light. My brother probably would if he thought about it. I'm thinking about buying him one just so he will.

Shane

Mikeg23

Enlightened
highorder said:
also, those people dont see the need to carry anything, never mind a light.

This is true, I am always amazed at the people who can't even manage to carry a few dollars on them. A credit card, drivers license, keys, and cell phone is what most people carry anymore.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife wouldn't carry one, even offered her a nice small keychain light before. Her reason simply, ' I'm married to one..........' 'If you want to buy me one, I prefer to have cash and spend it on new slippers...'

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
"i have so much crud in my pants, and my pants barely stay on as it is"
??? sure wasnt me, even though i carry too much crud in my pants.

cutlerylover

Banned
same answers go for other gadgets, even knives...but these very same people have no problem bugging us to use our tools when they need them...lol, how convienient for them...we all lug aroud this stuff so they can use it when they please just because we are nice generous people...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
" I like knowing that I can get by with nothing at all"

WHY?!

I just don't see why people have this strange outlook that just because nothing crazy has happened to them yet it never will. But it's also fun to sit back and laugh when they tell me the story..."If I only would have had...."
Oh well....everyones gonna do what they want anyway, I just take comfort in knowing at least I have the upper hand!

Better to have and not need that to need and not have......

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
A P1D-CE hangs on my keychain. Is that good enough, or do I have to attach it to my body?

Actually that's kind of a neat idea. How about a P1D-CE on a nipple ring?

Or, and I'm sure somebody must have thought of this, why not little LED earings?

At the very least somebody should figure out a way to wire a diamond ring with a micro LED so that your lady could make that puppy sparkle with the push of a button.

Oh man, don't get me started....... how about LED body art? Tatoos that light up? Or you could have the dentist wire your teeth up with different colored LEDS.

How about light up fingernails, or fiber optic eye lashes. Yea baby!

No reason not to EDC if you can wear it.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
um..........I knew a girl that EDCed at few small things in her natural pocket..........................

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
My partner at work actually comes right out and says "Why should I? You're here and I can use yours!" I asked him what he did before I was hired and he told me that he's got a 2D MAG in the truck if he really needs it.

I just don't see why it's so inconvenient to carry a small light, especially when your job constantly puts you in situations where you need to see into dark holes, steam tunnels, attics, crawl spaces, ceilings, etc.
au.gif
There's nothing worse than crawling down a steam tunnel (think hot steam lines, low hanging pipes, puddles of water, electrical wires everywhere, Black Widow spiders and maybe...just maybe...Freddy Kruger!
29wx0.gif
) and having what sparce AC lighting there is down there, go out on you! I don't know about all of you (actually I do, LOL!), but "feeling" my way down a 200' steam tunnel with no light at all, isn't high on my "fun things to do" list!
ooo.gif

To each his own, I guess.
jpshakehead.gif

Last edited: