Strobe MAKES ME PUKE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum70383

Enlightened
O man... The Strobe light on the Fenix L2D CE makes me sick!!! :barf:
hahahhaa.
A question. Does the strobe mode damage the cree light?!?! All the.. turning on and turning off.. I hope it doesn't shorten the life on the bulb.

r0b0r

Enlightened
LEDs aren't like Incandescents in that regard :)

LEDs can be "strobed" very quickly, even so for as to act as a dimming function (search for PWM)

In no way does strobe effect the LED :)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my friend fall down the stairs tonight by strobing my flashlight in the dark stairwell.....He didn't get hurt but we were both laughing sooo damn hard!!!

magnum70383

Enlightened
DaFABRICATA said:
I made my friend fall down the stairs tonight by strobing my flashlight in the dark stairwell.....He didn't get hurt but we were both laughing sooo damn hard!!!

HAHAHHAHA.. I GOTTA try that! lol.. gonna kill someone with the stobe..!!!

r0b0r

Enlightened
Hahah you *******! How would you feel if he broke his neck! :p

Well yeah... strobes are made for disorienting \ attracting attention

I love a good fast strobe. I love the fenix turbo mode. Maximum output or bloody bright fast strobe! No nonsense dim modes or sos :)

Try the strobe with 14500s :O It's.... awesome!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I DID feel bad at first....and then noticed he was laughing so hard I thought he was gonna **** his pants!
It's even better because he is the one friend who REALLY FU$KS with me the most over my flashlights.............I just said see?......now you understand?

For the first time I think he actually understood and appreiciated what was possible by using only light. HE actually gave me props & said "I may just have to get one of those"

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
magnum70383 said:
O man... The Strobe light on the Fenix L2D CE makes me sick!!! :barf:
hahahhaa.
Now you have another use for your flashlight. If someone ingests something poisonous you need not put your fingers down their throat to induce vomiting; all you need do is whip out your Fenix L2D and tell then to look your way. However, you might want to stand back at least five feet, unless you were already planning to throw out those old shoes you're wearing.

magnum70383

Enlightened
LowBat said:
Now you have another use for your flashlight. If someone ingests something poisonous you need not put your fingers down their throat to induce vomiting; all you need do is whip out your Fenix L2D and tell then to look your way. However, you might want to stand back at least five feet, unless you were already planning to throw out those old shoes you're wearing.

HA HA HA HAHAA!!! lol, yup perfect after parties! haha...:twothumbs

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just be sure and not strobe strangers... making them puke, or especially in a rare case of epilepsy, you can get yourself buried neck deep.

Beyond that... yes strobes are really fun! The darker the ambient lighting the more the strobe screws with you.

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
In some cases strobes can cause people to have seizures. I love the strobe mode, I use the L1D as a helmet light and primarily keep it in strobe mode.. This is definitely a light that can be seen at night..

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread has no purpose.

**Clarification: Technical discussion about the effects of a strobing LED are fine. Posts about people strobed and falling down stairs, inducing vomiting, masked profanity, etc, are not acceptable or within the range of this board.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.