Which Fenix CE to get?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I wan't to add another Fenix to my collection but I'm wondering what to get between

L2D CE
P1D CE
L1D CE

Which of the 3 has better brightness and throw? I read that the reflectors are different.

Is the L2D CE coming out with a 123 tube? Should I wait or get the P1D CE instead?

Has any comparison beamshots between the 3 ever been posted?

Thanks!
AlexGT

jayhackett03

Enlightened
I'd get the L2D CE. Perfect "hand" size. I EDC a L2P, so i don't think that length is too big. L2D CE and P1D CE will have the brightest output, 135 lumens. L1D CE is 90 lumens max.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I use a Li-Ion in my L1d CE, but it only has sos, strobe and max. stays bright for about an hour.

Flash-addict

Newly Enlightened
+2. I have the l2dce and i love it. it's brilliant on energizer e2 lithiums. amazingly bright and feels good in the hand.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love the L2D if it had a 123 tube like the L2P did. Does anyone know if someone is making them?

AlexGT

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the P1D-CE.Maybe the brigtest Fenix and certainly the smallest. What a combination !!!!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both! :D

I would get the L2D, if you dont need a very tiny light. It's bright or brighter(in Quickbeams test) as the P1D CE, INCREDIBLE runtimes, clickie, the UI is great for a multilevel light and it runs on cheap easily available AAs.

spanish

Newly Enlightened
May I put a L2D CE head in a L1D CE body?

If is possible, you can buy a L2D and a L1D body and use the short combination when you need portable and L2D when you need max power and runtime.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
spanish said:
May I put a L2D CE head in a L1D CE body?

If is possible, you can buy a L2D and a L1D body and use the short combination when you need portable and L2D when you need max power and runtime.
L1D CE and L2D CE share the same head. The bodies alone are expected to be on sale any day now so shortly it will be possible to do what you suggest.

Fenix Store now say that the bodies will be available starting March 20th

http://fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=27_39

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
I would get neither because they are not mature lights, they were the first wave of cree lights, they are nice 2 month ago, but they are famous for the lottery tint and ringy beam.
Lumapower M3 for $75 comes with 2 AA, 1x CR123 tube and the reflector is much better than the smooth reflector.
http://batteryjunction.com/lumapowerm3.html
Rexlight seems a good deal hard to beat and is just around the corner.
Jetbeam MKIIx i had it for a week very nice and better fit and finish.
As of now i do not think the fenix lights worth what they cost now because other manufacturers are catching on and fenix are still offering the primitive ringy beam and green tint lights they are noticeable specially when low.

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened
My 2cents...

The L1D-CE (with 2AA body eventually) conbo is hard to beat. Has the much talked about tail clickie great options for Runtime and throw, and is an awesome size with either body. I have the L1D-CE and the classic L1P and they are pretty close to the same size. Although the L1P is a great light, the lack of Low/High with the click still turining the light on and off is a drag. The L1D clickie is pretty amazing as it's used to turn the light on/off and change modes. A quick turn of the head puts you in turbo mode which is nice, but most of the time I use Low so the UI works out nicely for me.

Had a P1, didn't like it. Don't like the head turn thing for on/off. 123 batteries aren't as available as AA's and cost more. P1 didn't have a tail switch which is a must have for me to buy another light.

Anyway you have a good problem. Now make a choice and join the rest of us crazy people here...:barf: