Probelm with Lumapower M1 turning on

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Folks,

has anyone seen this issue before, it's driving me crazy!

I just got a M1 from Amondo and it looks great but doesn't always turn on. I thought the reflector may not have been in all the way and tightened it and though all was well. Today my first day EDC'ing it it dies again! jus tlike before a slight losen of the areawher ethe reflector goes turned it on, a sligh tweek tigher (where it should be) light goes off. Once i turn it off i can tighten it and it'll work again.

Very weird!!!

(on a side note it didn't have the GID tail button either)

mattogu

Newly Enlightened
no problems here.mine also did not come with GITD tail cap,still waiting on smooth reflector and holster from battery junction.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
got ya..Thank you for responding!

if you want.. I'll trade you a smooth for a textured. I won't need both.. don't know if you do.

mattogu said:
no problems here.mine also did not come with GITD tail cap,still waiting on smooth reflector and holster from battery junction.

kwando

Newly Enlightened
i had the same problem with my M1 purchased from lumapower. he sent me a replacement body and head and that corrected the problem.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe try cleaning all the pieces first.

Remove module, tighten reflector retaining ring so it doesn't rattle. clean and progold the threads from the body to the module, tighten the module back

Now go to the tailcap, remove the retaining ring, clean and progold the contacts, tighten the tailcap retaining ring.

If all fails contact lumapower.

HTH
AlexGT

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks folks!!!

I sent an email to Amondo.. just waiting for a response.

Does Lumapower warrenty them direct kind alike Surefire?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a response from Amondo...

AmondoTech said:
Nice to hear from you.

The M1 in our stocks are sent directly from the manufacture. We don't open any boxes to keep them intact.

If you have any more technical issue, you best option is to ask CPF members because they might be more knowledgeable.

Regards,
Wayne

Not sure if this means i'm SOL on the GID button or what. I'll keep tinkering with it I guess....

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try my suggestions?

I suspect it is the light module being loose or the tailcap, have you tried using a paper clip to close the circuit? Try it and tighten or losen the bezel if it turns off definetly is a module problem if not is a tailswitch problem, Have you tried using the other switch that came in the package?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey AlexGT,

I tried today and so far so good!!!

i tightented everything with a cell phone repair "pick" and have tired a few times and it worked. I'll keep tabs on it for now but we could be in busienss!

Thank You again!!!

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem with mine from Battery Junction. At first I just spent a lot of time turning the head back and forth because that would make it work sometimes. It got worse and eventually the light stopped working in the high position at all. I think that I probably caused the tail switch failure by running the light with a bad connection in the head/module for so long.
I took the retaining rings out of the head and the tail switch and cleaned them up and replaced the switch with one that Battery Junction sent out to me (great service!) and it works perfectly now.
I guess the best bet is not to mess around if your new M1 is showing signs of bad contact but just go ahead and take it all apart and clean it up before something gets damaged.
Despite the problem I had/caused, I love the light and highly recommend it to anybody.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trouble again!!!

The torch is officially dead!!! :(

It won't turn on at all now. I have emailed with Ricky at Lumapower and that are replacing it!! :)

Cusotmer service so far so good with them. I'm beginining to like this company!!!

EnterTheSwamp

Newly Enlightened
Manzerick said:
Just got a response from Amondo...

Nice to hear from you.

The M1 in our stocks are sent directly from the manufacture. We don't open any boxes to keep them intact.

If you have any more technical issue, you best option is to ask CPF members because they might be more knowledgeable.

Regards,
Wayne

Not sure if this means i'm SOL on the GID button or what. I'll keep tinkering with it I guess....

:thumbsdow That could possibly be one of the worst customer service responses. Go ask a forum on a $100 flashlight that I just bought from you!!!!! Might as well of bought it from ebay.

Good to see that Lumapower is helping you out with this problem.:goodjob:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey ETS,

I know what your saying. Prior to this I told Wayne I wasn't very interested in returning it but just fixing it. I probably shouldn't have posted this after I read the CPF policy (sorry Wayne!)

I just requested to return it and get an RMA.. I hope the next one works better but this is a weird problem that can't be found. I have gone over this wiht a fine tooth comb and still...baffeled!!

EnterTheSwamp said:
:thumbsdow That could possibly be one of the worst customer service responses. Go ask a forum on a $100 flashlight that I just bought from you!!!!! Might as well of bought it from ebay.

Good to see that Lumapower is helping you out with this problem.:goodjob:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another update.... I've spent all day on this torch!!! (i'm sick lol)

I can't stop screwing with the torch with the hopes of getting it to work and avoiding returning it. I do truly love the light and don't want the headache...

I am currently running it on an 18650 until it dies..i will repeat with the another when done. I'm doing this to see if it will die while on. Each time it dies on me it has ben turned off and then won't come on unless the body is turned, twisted and messed with it....

Last edited:

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
could a bad 18650 (I used two different but same brand and age)cause these symptoms?

going to try 123's tomorrow to see if this could be it...

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very weird... Still happneds but less common as the days go on..

I'm confused..Tired and just going to swap it with AMondo. lol

Manzerick said:
could a bad 18650 (I used two different but same brand and age)cause these symptoms?

going to try 123's tomorrow to see if this could be it...

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
Manzerick,
I was having similar problems with my M1 the day I received it. What was confusing me was that loosening and tightening the bezel would cause the light to work intermitently.
Eventually I found that the LED module was loose. With the bezel off, I could tap on the black platform the LED emitter is mounted on and it would rattle. So I tightened it down using two ball point pens. Just pressed the two pens into the 2 dimples and twisted clockwise a few twists. The rattling of the LED module stopped, and the flashlight worked consistently ever since.
I'm hoping yours is that simple.

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
Judging from all the posts here, it seems the Lumapower has some really poor contact issues. Thanks for bringing the issue up, I really feel bad for anyone who purchased the light - personally, I'd steer clear of their products in the future. :(