Apparently God does have a sense of humour...

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
I called Surefire today inquiring about catalogues etc. and found out that the facility had undergone some type of power failure. What I was told, was that a post had been hit and as a result all power in the building had gone out. The lady on the phone and I had a great laugh based on the irony, and she noted that everyone had a light on them (surprise, surprise). :lolsign:

stockae92

Enlightened
they do have plenty of Surefire flashlights + primary CR123A for the black out :)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems that there would be some expectation that flashlights be plentiful at a company that is manufacturing flashlights.
I think it would have been funnier if people were running around the building trying to find flashlights, or had 2D plastic lights with dead batteries. :crackup:

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
RebelRAM said:
So the real question is, what were most of the employees using as their "go to" lights? G2s? 6Ps? Beasts?

I did ask if anyone had used a Beast but only received laughter as a response, even though a small part of me was actually seriously curious :awman: .
The lady on the phone did say however, that she had used her G2.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it was a preparedness drill! I bet PK had a hard time deciding what light to get from the zillions in his office desk.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
question is how long till they run out of batteries, and/or bulbs?

...funny thing would be the surefire factory coming out from the darkness in a blaze of glory -- then blinking out a couple hours later.. ;) :candle:

Illum

Flashaholic
TedTheLed said:
question is how long till they run out of batteries, and/or bulbs?

...funny thing would be the surefire factory coming out from the darkness in a blaze of glory -- then blinking out a couple hours later.. ;) :candle:

probably wont happen in the assembly hall...no batteries? grab another light out of the shipment box and discard the one your using

blown bulb? just re-pot one with that machine there. from the promo videos, the lamps are potted by hand:grin2:

swampgator

Enlightened
Wonder how much of an employee discount they get?

Slightly off topic: I was throwing out some old gun mags I've had around since 1988 and was thumbing thru them one last time. Saw an ad for the Laser Products Surefire 6P. Retail was almost exactly the same as it is today. So hat's off to Surefire for keeping the prices low!

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
probably wont happen in the assembly hall...no batteries? grab another light out of the shipment box and discard the one your using

blown bulb? just re-pot one with that machine there. from the promo videos, the lamps are potted by hand:grin2:

...not without electricity!

(..and I guess it wouldn't blink out -- that would be the Inova factory..SF would just dim to a pale yellow as it faded away..)

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
swampgator said:
Wonder how much of an employee discount they get?

I've wondered the same thing.

In fact one of my life's ambitions is to hook up with a girl working at either Surefire, Spyderco, or Kershaw :twothumbs . Travelling to either California, Oregon, or Colorado would get expensive, but imagine how sweet birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas would be???:whistle: