P1D CE; Come to Poppa!

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one of these little beauties and I can't wait till it gets here.
Could one of you kind souls please explain how the 5 modes are actuated?
Can I change the way they are arranged or is it a set pattern.
Thanks,
Lenny

cbdudley

Enlightened
Changing modes is done by turning the light off and quickly turning it back on (within a second or so). The 5 modes are in a fixed sequence. When you first turn on the light, it is in Primary (Medium) mode. As you cycle through the modes, it goes to High, Low, Strobe, SOS then back to Medium. If you turn the light off for more than a few seconds, when you turn it back on the pattern starts again with Primary.

It's a very nice product. Enjoy!

okashira

Newly Enlightened
Ordered mine the Saturday before last. Supposivly shipped Monday... Still not here. Only 2 states away... :rant:

AtomSphere

Enlightened
I just made a little video for everyone to demonstrate how the L2D CE works which is similar to L1D CE. (except there is little or no brightness improvement in Turbo function for L1D)

It roughly gives you the idea how the P1D works by taping the tailcap

Enjoy!

Last edited:

supes

Enlightened
Cool video, AtomSphere! I like your quick finger spin of the light! :D

God I need to buy this light....

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Didn't realised I did that. It was totally unrehersed. Guess it comes by when you are a seasoned flashaholic eh?:laughing:

supes said:
Cool video, AtomSphere! I like your quick finger spin of the light! :D

God I need to buy this light....

Isn't the P1D CE's max at 90lummies while the L2D at 135 lummies? BTW nice vid! your voice sounds more lively than mine which sounds as if I am half-dead:ohgeez:

noorudeenshakur said:
You just twist the top counterclockwise then clockwise.

I made a video of the light check it out! You'll love it. its a really great light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Oyixf_grA

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
AtomSphere said:
Isn't the P1D CE's max at 90lummies while the L2D at 135 lummies? :ohgeez:

Nope, P1D CE max = 135 (announced) just like the L2D CE.

Both of them performs about 110 real lumens on max, and it's enough ! :rock:

Infact, I seldom use Max on my P1D CE. Primary is really bright, and I gain a bit of runtime.

Last edited:

batman

Enlightened
actually the P1 D CE is 110 lumens actually out the front of the light. ABout the same brightness as a surefire luxeon V based LED. I can't belive I just bought one of them too..it's because of that dang video. Oh well, this will be a trial test of the new led technology to see if it's worth getting the new surefire L1. I look forward to the insanity.

TenPin

Newly Enlightened
According to Flashlight Reviews, the L2D-CE on alkalines is about 12% brighter than the P1D-CE.

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
TenPin said:
According to Flashlight Reviews, the L2D-CE on alkalines is about 12% brighter than the P1D-CE.

That's right. But I doubt that the difference is big enough to be visible.
I have a friend who has just bought the L2D CE, and when he is back from vacation, I will see if there is a visible difference between my P1D CE and his L2D CE.

He's probably going to use alkalines, so I will take some Ni-MH to try in his light.