The most powerful Maglite mods list

LightForce

Newly Enlightened
I've been surfing a long time here reading about all this super-incan-HIDMags and feel really lost. There is so many kinds... ROP, 1185, 1160, 1166 and much more, and all different. Different output, different runtime... It's reaaly hard to find any information about estimated values here. Maybe someone who knows more could organize all this lights and create one list for inexperienced users. It would be very helpful..

Cheers,
D.

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:
1) I think that Mac's 250w Torch model that Mac made one time (he told me likely never to be made again) is the brightest of the "Maglite Incandescents." Osram 24v 250w bulb at 10K L (?)

I wonder who owns this one...... ;) (not me, but I'm honored to know the guy)

Nice listing, Lux!

:thumbsup: WP

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Polaris TK's made by Ginseng. There were only 30 or so made if i remember right about 2 years ago. It was definately top of the foodchain for quite a while. It drove MR16 reflectorized lamps of various kinds or the Osram 64623 HLX at 14.4v. I believe this should be counted in the list fairly high towards the top given that it puts out as much light as most of the top ones short of the 250w one. And was far less expensive than the contemporary hotwire mods out there today.

molite

Newly Enlightened
Ledean said:
Very informative post Luxluthor .
Thanks

I'll third that!!!
Excelent post Lux!!

When are you going to post photos of your whole collection?
I know you own all those lights in your post except for #1.
If I know you, you'll have the 250w soon.
:bow:

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
Damn Lux I really appreciate this post! I'm pretty much all LED but I've been wanting to snag an uber-bright incan just for s%^ts and giggles and your post really helps!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Hallis said:
The Polaris TK's made by Ginseng. There were only 30 or so made if i remember right about 2 years ago. It was definately top of the foodchain for quite a while. It drove MR16 reflectorized lamps of various kinds or the Osram 64623 HLX at 14.4v. I believe this should be counted in the list fairly high towards the top given that it puts out as much light as most of the top ones short of the 250w one. And was far less expensive than the contemporary hotwire mods out there today.

I never heard of this one, but seeing this Ginseng thread where he says it is about 2,000L for the 50W bulb or 1400L for the 35W, it sounds like it would be in the 5th slot (w/ 50W) in my thread above. Any that have it do a comparison or give their opinion?

Looking at this GB thread, there is also a 75W model bulb...not sure what that lumen output is
. Hard to evaluate it with all the options.