What's happening to River Rock?

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed something! A while back when I went to Target, they didn't have the RR 2AAA there. That's one of the best deals around!

Now that I heard they've got some clearance sales going on, I went back yesterday and see that the 2AA version is gone too, and the 0.5W headlamp and the lantern are both on clearance. When those are gone, there will be no River Rocks left at Target. Good thing I have 2 of the AAA versions, and 1 of the AA, bought when it was half priced.

But why would Target get rid of all of them?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm thinking of picking another 2AAA up in that case. There's probably only a couple left. Mine is so useful.

Hopefully they will bring another one out based on an upgraded LED. It's still one of the best little cheap lights out there, if not the best.

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
The River Rock 2AAA and 4AA Lantern, are both on clearance, they may have been snapped up already.

I think the 2AAA was gone even before the clearance.

....and doesn't having a clearance mean they want to "clear" out their inventory of that particular item? I just don't see why.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that depends on the store that you're at. The 2AAAs were marked at 50% off with a clearance tag at one of the local Target stores and 30% off at a couple of other local stores.

Genxsis said:
I think the 2AAA was gone even before the clearance.

....and doesn't having a clearance mean they want to "clear" out their inventory of that particular item? I just don't see why.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the last three 2 AAAs at my store today, all silver, they were $5 apiece.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
Some of the River Rocks are nice lights ... but I'm not sure they moved too quickly for Target.

Anyway, I don't think they are getting rid of all of them, though. In my area, the silver 2AAAs are 30% off (I've bought two so far) but the black ones are still $10 ea.

I've bought a few lights on sale for 30% off (there's another current Target thread here) but would like to find some at 50% or 70% off. I'd buy all I found if that were the case.

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
Don't know much about the aa, aaa, or headlamp versions; but I got a 2c version and its optics stink. Marginal throw with absolutley zero flood. I was angered I used my money on that light....grrrrrr:rant:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the River Rock flashlights larger than the 2AAA that I have seen have little or no flood, it is part of their optics. I have the 2AA version and it has no flood, it is a very nice spotlight which happens to be very handy sometimes. I also like the old version Inova X1 for the same reason.

cbdudley

Enlightened
My local store has a number of the River Rock items in stock, and no sign of them being put on clearance. In fact, not a single item in the flashlight section was on sale last weekend when I was there.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, I noticed that the stores that didn't have the lights on clearance, also tended to have them in stock :D

I went by one Target that had none of the clearance lights in stock and only one clearance tag left on the shelf, looked like the store had been picked clean (oh! I think CPF members Modamag and CHC live very close to that store :crackup: )

You'll want to keep an eye on that store, and jump on the clearance items when they get around to dropping the prices at that store. ;)

cbdudley said:
My local store has a number of the River Rock items in stock, and no sign of them being put on clearance. In fact, not a single item in the flashlight section was on sale last weekend when I was there.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
For the river-rock product, or nuwai or sk taiwan or gentos Janan , mainly are made by Hong Kong companies ,which produced in China, becuase I am Hong Kongese & involove in this business feild.
There are some model tm310,311,317,318,303x.....was old ones ,that those delalers plan to clear them out ..It will depend on their stock keeping level .