Anyone pleased with Dorcy's 120 lumen led ?

lightinsky

Enlightened
Hi Cpfer's,
  1. Is anyone pleased with the new Dorcy led light available now that says has a k2 in it with 120 lumens or so ? It goes for $40 bucks at sears but some on cpf say it has an off center emmitter and doesn't seem to be 120 lumens as Dorcy claims. Thinking of getting one but not sure I'd be happy considering I already have a OD Surefire G2 with a KL5 100 Lumen Led head on it.

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I'm scratching my head on that one. It just came out, yet it's now (thanks to Cree) old technology.

For $15 more you can get a Fenix *delivered* that runs on 2AA batteries (instead of lithium) for much, much longer in a small and light package... not to mention multiple levels of light available.

John

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have some viable means of getting to a Sears store, it might be best for you to try it out for yourself to see if it meets your expectations and/or fulfill your needs. There is little risk since you can always return it for a full refund at the store. The most that you would be out would be gas money or bus fare.

If you'd like, you can always share your experiences with others here.

lightinsky said:
Thinking of getting one but not sure I'd be happy considering I already have a OD Surefire G2 with a KL5 100 Lumen Led head on it.

mhubble

Enlightened
dont waist your time, I got one and took it back the next day. Its not even close to 120 lumens. It did have alot of good throw. But you can do alot better for 40.00

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Agreed, it's got a well machined aluminum body (those battery tube walls are *THICK*), but the lumens rating is wildly optomistic, and the off center emitter is inexcusable

if you can find one with a centered LED it's not too bad, it *DOES* throw well, but there are better lights out there

mine goes back tonight

lightinsky

Enlightened
Yeah I gues I could buy one and try it to see if I like it. Since I have a real 100 lumen light the Surefire G2 OD with KL5 led head on it I am going to pass especially since there are better lights out there for similar money spent. Thanks to all of you for your important input. Maybe I'll get a Fenix L2D CE as suggested since I don't already have a AA type led light which is a good idea since in a disaster or crisis 123's aren't as readily available as are AA's or D cells.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
When i went to return mine tonight, the CSR went to take the batteries out and the entire switch assembly just *disintegrated*, the metal threaded collar stayed in the body tube, and the plastic switch cover clickie and spring fell out all over the counter....

first flashlight i've had that has actually *failed* and that's including the ubiquitous 2D plastic cheapie, the cheapies have never actually "explosively dissasembled" themselves like the Dorcy's switch did

the Dorcy K2 rates pretty low in my book don't waste your time....

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
lightinsky said:
Hi Cpfer's,
  1. Is anyone pleased with the new Dorcy led light available now that says has a k2 in it with 120 lumens or so ? It goes for $40 bucks at sears but some on cpf say it has an off center emmitter and doesn't seem to be 120 lumens as Dorcy claims. Thinking of getting one but not sure I'd be happy considering I already have a OD Surefire G2 with a KL5 100 Lumen Led head on it.
You want a nice bright K2 light for $40 ????????
Try The Palmblaze K2 - people on this site LOVE it..... And it looks so much nicer than the Dorcy

See it at
http://www.batteryjunction.com/fpak2luledfl.html

Latest posts