why not very many surefire E1E's for sale?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

i have been eying an E1E for a while and i keep wiating for one to pop up but i never see any anymore. so whats up, does no one want to give up there E1E's or what?

thanks!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my own...bought a Exe head from Lighthound and put it on my VG FB1 body with a Lumens Factory 90 lumen 3.7V LA. 2.999" per a digital caliper, shorter than an E1e, brighter, and can tailstand. Sweet setup...really love it. It's my new EDC.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
The E1e is the smallest light SureFire makes. It's just plain cute. Not very bright, but it has a very good beam and it's a rugged and useful little light. Very suitable for EDC. I'm not going to get rid of mine anytime soon.

EV_007

Enlightened
It's a hot lego-able light. The E1E has become one of my favorite lights. Its small form factor and good runtime strikes a good balance. It's not the brightest light, but it is bright enough for most tasks.

I have the HA version but am considering the black one as well.

The E1E and E2E are my primary EDC incans as of late.

Illum

Flashaholic
as GeorgePaul says, single celled incans are not much performers...

according to FLR, the output goes as follows 636/1050...thats not much on performance compared to the 2D eveready benchmark: 884/1000

still...its a surefire....
some pics of the "cutest light Surefire ever made"
source American Heritage Sports LLC

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well if i get me one i do not expect it to be a performer. i already have a surefire A2 that i EDC, and while i love the low mode i want a light that i can clip to the brim of my hat while out fishing.

i have seen some E1's out but most of them have been those darn hens teeth or E1W's. i would get one but i want a light that is water proof and tuff that i dont have to worrie about getting it dirty,wet,scratched, and i believe that with an E1 or E1w i would be scared to get it nasty.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original E1 is even smaller and cuter. :)

2100-3.jpg

firefly99

Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
i want a light that is water proof and tuff that i dont have to worrie about getting it dirty,wet,scratched, and i believe that with an E1 or E1w i would be scared to get it nasty.

E1E is tough, even the incan bulb is hard to break, I had to use a hammer to break the bulb so I could use the base.

E1 is older design and more rare. E1W is the same light as E1E just different colour. Both should be as tough as E1E.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the E1L and although half inch longer is already small and cute. Seen the E1W upfront and its really nice colour to it, but the black version is really nice especially with the E2D tailcap on it.....

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
the way i see it is that the people that like this light have no plans to get rid of it and the people that dont like it never bought it in the first place. its not a "first light" like a g2 or 6p so people that buy it know what they are getting into when they get it and dont plan on selling it.

Illum

Flashaholic
benchmade_boy said:
i have seen some E1's out but most of them have been those darn hens teeth or E1W's.

what exactly is the difference anyway...I've always thought E1Ws are just E1Es in a different color...hence "rarer"

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't clip mine to a pocket, but it's small enough to go _in_ the pocket. Of course the E1 doesn't have an LOTC so keep it where it won't be sat on.

It's dim, but it has good throw for such a small light. I have yet to really enjoy an expensive LED light--incan for me.

UWAK

Enlightened
Anybody knows where I can find the E1E in BLACK+ the E2D tailcap? Cheers.

Frids

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the E1L would be TOO small, but it's now my EDC
I need an E1E body in any color or condition...PM me if you got one

carrot

Flashaholic
mossyoak said:
the way i see it is that the people that like this light have no plans to get rid of it and the people that dont like it never bought it in the first place. its not a "first light" like a g2 or 6p so people that buy it know what they are getting into when they get it and dont plan on selling it.
Yep, sounds about right. And also, people who buy one are probably much less likely to trade it in for a newer more efficient light, since the E1L is already more efficient and has been available for quite awhile now.

Culhain

Enlightened
Most of the time I EDC an E1L, but consider my E1W to be my dress up light.:)

The E1W has impressed me enough that I want to get the hard annodized E1E version for more rugged use plus I have some legos ideas in mind.

I would love to see some performance data/comparisons with the new LF bulb.:popcorn: