M1 Cree @1a, vs 750ma, How Much Brighter?

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
How much brighter will the 1a M1 be, compared to the 750ma version?
10% ?
20% ?
30% ?

GMoney

Newly Enlightened
~20% brighter, requiring ~35% more power. You wouldn't be able to tell which was brighter with the naked eye.

coppertrail

Enlightened
So the 1A version would be beneficial if they were to release a new head with a more powerful lamp down the road?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The data posted by Newbie suggest that you'd be about 20% brighter but almost 20% less efficient as well.

Take a look at this LINK

I'm not so sure that there is a 1A M1 in the works - Ricky only ever said they were working on a 1A circuit, not that it was for the M1.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I remembered that they were going to come out with a 1A M1. I just now searched the main M1 thread and it was just lots of people begging for 1A in the M1, and other people who read those posts and thought it was a real product, and they said "yeah, me too". Maybe it's the first fantasy light of 2007?:)

MattK said:
The data posted by Newbie suggest that you'd be about 20% brighter but almost 20% less efficient as well.

Take a look at this LINK

I'm not so sure that there is a 1A M1 in the works - Ricky only ever said they were working on a 1A circuit, not that it was for the M1.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I did the same search before posting and came to the same conclusion. The M1 is an excellent balance of runtime and output; I'd rather see a whole other light for a 1A circuit simply because I think the fundamental character of a 1A light, which uses 50% more power to attain 20% more output, is different.

Latest posts