Kodo Drummers

shanover

Newly Enlightened
Went to see the Kodo Drummers (Japanese Drums) at the Greenville Peace Center tonight... Awesome drumming and excellent show... Highly recommended if you hear of them in your area.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooh, taiko drums--one of my favorites. I have/had a CD of the Kodo Drummers from a couple of years back, but was disappointed in it. I guess it really needs to be live to be fully appreciated.

shanover

Newly Enlightened
The live performance is excellent, not only do you hear the drums, you feel them as well.... most of the drums are what I would consider large, with quite a few that would put a marching band bass drum to shame. Their style seems to be very primal, lots of heartbeat rhythms in the background. It may not be for everyone, but, if you like drums and drumming, Ringo Starr aint got nothing on Kodo! (plus, not included on the CD, is the comic relief! Very silly stuff....)

peskyphotons

Newly Enlightened
Taiko And flashlights, my two hobbies! Watching Kodo is what prompted me into joining a Taiko group almost ten years ago. The members of Kodo live communally and do nothing but practice all day, they are just phenomenal. If you have a chance to try this, it can be really amazing.

Alex