Happy Guy-Newbie, one week with P1D_CE

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
I've been a lurker on here for a while, so I finally decided to sign up and drop a line. Just want say thanks for the all the information you guys provide. It helped me make a decision in finally getting a P1D-CE and man, I love this little baby. I got it from John at coffmanoutfitters.com, he had the natural style in stock and got it to me real quick, talk to john, and he'll hook you up. Although I don't have the flashlights you guys have, surefires and such, I'm a sucker for lumens, and keep looking for the most lumens at the highest runtime, well what I can afford at the time, at least I don't feel all alone. Guess I'm not the only guy who preys for a blackout every time the lights flicker, and have 3 lights in the car and at least 2 at close proximity at any given time. Now that I got my P1D, I think I'm gonna go all out and go for the L0D and L2D and then hit the maglite mods when that new drop in is available, also looking for something that's good for flood with less of a hotspot. Hows are the mag drop-ins on flood? Well anyways, Thanks for helping me get hooked. Oh by the way, here's a shot of my new baby. I guess along with my ipod and multitools, now my girlfriend has something else to be jealous of.

p1010020vt6.jpg

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Nice pic.

I have the l2d and i'm happy with it. Of course, I wished it was 500 lumens ... but i'm enjoying the 2xAA format so I can't complain. :sssh:

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
I wanted my P1D CE in silver, but it was sold out. I was impatient and got it in black. I love it in black :)

I would also have loved it in silver :grin2:

:kewlpics:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Carabidae!

Nice purchase there, and welcome to the forum.
About the MagLED dropin for flood, the beam is pretty much exactly the same as the original beam, big black hole in the middle when you unfocus. However, the dropin will give you a much brighter spillbeam, so I enjoy my 2D MagLED on close range also, the spill is MUCH better than the original, and it will light up a large surrounding quite easy.

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys, yeah I'm debating spending the money on modding a 3 Dcell mag for the upcoming cree dropin, but trying to determine if its worth doing all that and spending the money for the max possible lumens rather than just purchase the already existing upgrades or maybe consider a huntlight or just stick with the l2d for long runtime. Mostly this in preparation for the upcoming camping season, you know when you need to light up an area to set up your tents and you don't want to dig out your laterns just yet or you work on somthing.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depend how you do camping but I would never lug around a 3D Maglite gone hiking. :)
Anyhow, I found that my old obsolete 2D Mag now is really a versatile allround flashlight with the MagLED upgrade. But if you want an even brighter light, you might check out this mod, it seems very easy, even for me with no modding experience at all. Basically, upgrade your MagLED module with a Seoul.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=154930

Cheers.

todo

Newly Enlightened
I was intrigued by the new cree lights by Fenix. So in december I got a p1dce and was blown away by this little light. I started carrying it EDC in its holster on my belt. I was convinced it couldnt get any better.

Then I checked into the L0DCE and decided I needed that to. After 4 weeks it is by far my favorite lite. With 10440 rechargables the L0D is as bright as the P1Dce( and 1/2 its size), actually I like the beam better, it will flood an entire room with its spill, this little beauty is a must have for EDC. I keep it clipped in a shirt pocket and use it all the time. Have two 10440 batteries, so every morning I just swap out a fresh one. If you want to impress a buddy what a single AAA light will do, drop in a fresh 10440 turn it on high and watch his jaw drop.

After being thourghly impressed with my first 2 fenix lights, last week I purchased my third a L2Dce. However much larger it is equally impressive, bright and a very nice UI. But without a doubt the L0DCE is my new favorite, its so small yet so much beam, its amazing.

Last edited:

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
Lobo said:
Depend how you do camping but I would never lug around a 3D Maglite gone hiking.
smile.gif

Anyhow, I found that my old obsolete 2D Mag now is really a versatile allround flashlight with the MagLED upgrade. But if you want an even brighter light, you might check out this mod, it seems very easy, even for me with no modding experience at all. Basically, upgrade your MagLED module with a Seoul.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=154930

Cheers.

Thanks, I think I'll give that a shot, I have some thermal epoxy left over from a video card mod. I just dread the 2 week wait from dealextreme, but it's a good price and I could enjoy the mag drop in till then, then when not used for camping and such, this will probably take up residence in my car.

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
todo said:
I was intrigued by the new cree lights by Fenix. So in december I got a p1dce and was blown away by this little light. I started carrying it EDC in its holster on my belt. I was convinced it couldnt get any better.

Then I checked into the L0DCE and decided I needed that to. After 4 weeks it is by far my favorite lite. With 10440 rechargables the L0D is as bright as the P1Dce( and 1/2 its size), actually I like the beam better, it will flood an entire room with its spill, this little beauty is a must have for EDC. I keep it clipped in a shirt pocket and use it all the time. Have two 10440 batteries, so every morning I just swap out a fresh one. If you want to impress a buddy what a single AAA light will do, drop in a fresh 10440 turn it on high and watch his jaw drop.

After being thourghly impressed with my first 2 fenix lights, last week I purchased my third a L2Dce. However much larger it is equally impressive, bright and a very nice UI. But without a doubt the L0DCE is my new favorite, its so small yet so much beam, its amazing.

Does it get hot using the 10440 batteries, like the P1D on high for more than a few minutes?

todo

Newly Enlightened
I wouldnt say HOT, but the head does start heating up if left on max ( with 10440's)for more than a minute. On the L0D the first twist is high, second is low then max. Most of the time I use the light on high which is very bright, and doesnt warm up as much as max. I now use only 10440's in the light and its been fine.