WooHoo, my L1P is finaly here!

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
Got my Fenix L1P yesterday! The 4th last one frome Fenix-store!

Does anyone else have a problem with the threading on the tailcap? It`s quite difficult to screw the tailcp back on when changeing battery...

ps: regarding the specs: It says that it got 46 (ca) Lumens output max, it`s HA III and about 2-hour peak brightness.
With those numbers, why buy a SureFire E1L.....?
I was this close (-- ) to buy a E1L, but then I read about the Fenix, and I don`t think I will regret this..:whistle:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
lys_og_varme said:
ps: regarding the specs: It says that it got 46 (ca) Lumens output max, it`s HA III and about 2-hour peak brightness.
I was this close (-- ) to buy a E1L, but then I read about the Fenix, and I don`t think I will regret this..:whistle:

Most people seem to think that a Surefire is a Surefire, and nothing can beat it, regardless of price and performance.
I certainly don't. And you're still talking about the old L1P, L1D is even more amazing! :D

lys_og_varme

Newly Enlightened
Is it safe (for the flashlight) to run it on a 2000mAh Ni-MH battery?
I tried one to day, but cant decide if it`s brighter than with a Duracell M3 Alkaline..

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
You waited 18 months?
lys_og_varme said:
46 is the calculated lumens at the LED when the LED is driven at spec (350mA). Some of the early L1Ps (v2.0 and earlier) are only driven at 260mA so is less bright. Then you have to allow for about 1/3 of the light being lost through the optical system.
Flashlught reviews measured the copy they got at 28 lumens. (Multiply the total output # by 1.39.)
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l1p.htm
lys_og_varme said:
regarding the specs: It says that it got 46 (ca) Lumens output max,

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey LEDninja!

Are you sure about the earlier version being less brighter? Cause I remember people complaining about the newer version being less brighter just so you could get an insignificant amount more of battery life. But my mind might be playing tricks on me.
Cheers.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lobo said:
Hey LEDninja!

Are you sure about the earlier version being less brighter? Cause I remember people complaining about the newer version being less brighter just so you could get an insignificant amount more of battery life. But my mind might be playing tricks on me.
Cheers.
Me bad. I got the L1 and L1P mixed up.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1056214&postcount=1
Phoenix said:
# Employing 1-watt 100,000-hour R bin Luxeon LED (premium model), no need for fragile bulb
# 40 Lumens maximum output (premium model); 28 Lumens (standard model)
# One 1.5V AA alkaline battery (0.9~1.6V), cheap and easily available
# 6-hour working time (2-hour peak brightness)
# 3.61" (L) x 0.79" (D)
# Made of aerospace grade aluminum
# Type III hard anodized finish (premium model), highly durable
# 45-gram weight
# Metal reflector
# Waterproof
# Ultra Clear Lens with special coating (premium model)
# Push-button tail cap switch (ON/OFF), it can also serve as a twist switch
# Capable of standing up firmly on desk, serving as candle
# Available with two models, standard and premium
# Accessories(include) : Belt Pouch, Lanyard, Extra O-Rings, Spare tailcap boot.

[email protected]
Phoenix...er...Fenix's introduction to the L1/L1P (see date on link above) was 08-2005. You recieved your L1P 03-2007. That is 18+ months to me. At least you got yours at half price.
lys_og_varme said:
Moahaha.......no, I waited 7 days.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
lys_og_varme said:

Does anyone else have a problem with the threading on the tailcap? It`s quite difficult to screw the tailcp back on when changeing battery...

I have 2 L1P's and both tailcaps are easy to screw on and off.

I gave away 4 more L1P's and the talicaps screwed on and off very easy.

Rigor

Newly Enlightened
L1P...
I bought mine 1 year and 1 month ago? It was my best all around light by then.

Why is my former EDC nowadays collecting dust as backup?
P1 took its place as EDC and P1D-CE took P1's place as EDC later...

But would I sell my L1P? No...
It is waiting for the moment I need a reliable light that takes AA batteries...
Maybe I could give it to someone who I want to have a good reliable light.
Selling - no way... Giving to someone who doesn't use it - no way...
And if I give my L1P to someone, I have to buy new AA Fenix... Just to be my backup.

Damn guys! Don't disrespect L1P just because Fenix has made new models after it! OK... Maybe none has disrespected it, but it is good even thought newer models are more powerful...

Last edited:

crocodilo

Enlightened
Agree. I also have a P1 and a L1D (and a couple AAA models), but the L1P is still a respectable, simple, reliable light very good for EDC purposes. I don´t feel the least bit underpowered when carrying it.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
lys_og_varme said:

Check the thread for junk and stuff... wipe clean and re-lube with nyogel or other silicone lubricants... check tail cap clickie retainer too as sometimes that can get loose and make it sound crappy when re-assembling light...

carrot

Flashaholic
I still love the L1P. It was 2005 Flashlight of the Year, remember? Also the first 1AA Luxeon light, iirc.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool didnt know that. You wouldnt happen to know a link to where you can view the flashlight of the year award? The search function is completely shot for me, just get fatal errors.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! Seems there havent been that many, but fun reading never the less.

Last edited: