Why can't Fenix do an M3 .....

Perfectionist

Enlightened
An L1P with shortened body to fit a CR123
- then a small extension which screws on to fit 1AA
- then another small extension on to that to fit 2AA

Basically a Head, Tail and two Extension Bodies ..... it's easily manufactured and would sell all day long ..... :sold:

Or is it purely a greedy business decision to make sure they sell more P1's and L2's ?? :touche:

I think LumaPower is blazing a trail and may leave the other players in the dust !! :grin2:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
good points there, Perfectionist!

I think Fenix is supposed to be coming out with battery tubes for the L1D and L2D CE's (so each can be transformed into the other), after all the heads are the same.

I think this therefore must always have been their plan. I do not know if it is fair to say they've done it deliberately, they've been one of the better manufacturers in aggressively offering the latest technology in excellent and well thought out products.

It may just be a manufacturing issue (getting enough tubes machined, for instance - remember the issue with natural vs. black finish at the beginning, when not enough of both were available?).

On the other hand, I've heard of no plans to add a CR123A tube onto the LxD CE series, and there the M3 may have an advantage.

Personally I am on order for the M3 (starting to ship in 3 days, supposedly, hooraay!) and also have the L1D CE and will crank out an order for a 2xAA tube as soon as Fenix makes one available.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
2AA and 1AA spare bodies are on the way, and I think that was the intention since the beginning, since the heads are identical.
When it comes to 123-bodies, I wouldnt put my hopes up, that would absolutely SLAUGHTER the P1D sales, and I dont think Fenix are so keen on that. Would be a kickass light though.

Ritch

Enlightened
Until some weeks ago there was offered a custom 123 body for the LxT series on 4sevens site. Maybe the kind soul who machined it will make a similar body for the LxD series. Please!!
bowdown.gif