Ever fantasize about lights?

Supernam

Enlightened
Not in a perverted way you sickos! I mean do you ever lay down at night just before falling asleep and think out various scenarious where you would use your lights? Do you think about which lights would best suit your needs in different circumstances? Do you think about trips that you might be going on in the future and which lights/batteries/backups that you'd bring along? Well, I DO!:wave:

In the last couple of years, I've grown very fond of camping. We all know that camping is THE BEST place for flashaholics simply because it's dark. There's also a lot of lighting necessities that need to be filled with various lights such as a floody light (My fav- Inova X5), your all around utility light (typical 2 x cr123 LED, soon to be Fenix Cree for me), and your monster throw incandescent (SL TL-3 for me). Sometimes I think about possibilities if money wasn't a problem.

Another thing I think about too is emergency situations from simple flat tire, to earthquake/fire scenarios in large commercial or public buildings (think chaos!)

What about you? What do you 'fantasize' about?

Flash-addict

Newly Enlightened

Catapult

Enlightened
I think about the next rolling blackout, even bigger than the last one we experienced in the east not too long ago, and what I can do with my increased army of lights since then. I also wonder what it would be like to have multiple HIDs lighting up the pitch black city streets.

Flash-addict

Newly Enlightened
Catapult said:
I think about the next rolling blackout, even bigger than the last one we experienced in the east not too long ago, and what I can do with my increased army of lights since then. I also wonder what it would be like to have multiple HIDs lighting up the pitch black city streets.

That would be amazing! Maybe even making an array of mounts for all the lights to clip onto all around your body with all of them hooked up to backpack sized battery pack of hours or days of illumination. :lolsign:

Last edited:

EssLight

Newly Enlightened
I don't fantasize about lights. I *theorize* about lights. Heh.:grin2:

Mostly I think about what light I would buy or what mod I would do if I only had the money for it. :broke:

EssLight

paulr

Flashaholic
I had a dream a while back, which included someone actually singing a song about a Surefire M6.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Flash-addict said:
That would be amazing! Maybe even making an array of mounts for all the lights to clip onto all around your body with all of them hooked up to backpack sized battery pack of hours or days of illumination. :lolsign:

And a new superhero is born... "HID Man!!!!" :D

Best wishes,
Bawko

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flying, mostly. My hands are outward with nothing in them. Sorry.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Planning which lights to bring on trips always seems to require considerable thought about imagined needs.

Geoff

cutlerylover

Banned
You know its funny because I could dream about ownign any light I want, but sometiems when I am getting off of CPF before I hit the sach I end up dreamign about my current project (mag hotwire) instead of something outragous that I could own, lol...

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had many dreams about my lights in the past. I have even fallen asleep while "playing" with one and wake up with it still in my hand...

alanagnostic

Enlightened
You know, recently we experienced a blackout at our house that lasted for about 4 days. It was quite funny that the lights I used most were the lowly 2AA minimag and the 2D cell Maglight. Both of them had LED upgrades and provided a good amount of light for the situation. Before the blackout I used to think about which lights would be best if a blackout actually occured...you know use the HDS on low mode if I thought the blackout would last for a long while etc. Then when it actually happened I use the Maglights most.

I do look forward to camping this year though so I can use more of my "Specialized" lights....in other words lights that fit a very specific situation...the lights I don't really need but only want to have in case I ever face that unlikely situation.:grin2: At least that's what I tell myself to justify what I spend on good lights.:sssh:

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
Oh yeah. Sometimes I lay in bed thinking about what I'd do in a particular situation. During the blackout we had last summer I made my collection useful but I went to bed thinking "what if". My lights performed well but what if I had a Surefire, or a mag mod?

On a side note: During that blackout I had a good laugh at my mother-in-law's expense; she didn't have any flashlights OR candles.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never really had a fantasy about a particular light, so to speak. But I would kill to spend a day with Mac creating stuff...:)

Cydonia

Enlightened
I think we are entering a period when the LED technology will soon reach a point when that law "any sufficiently advanced technology will appear as magic" starts to apply. The lights of the near future will appear almost magical to us today, if we could see them now. That's what I fantasize about! 5000 lumen 3D Mag's etc,. and it will be a reality in 5 years or so…

:drool: