New HID light

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a HID light to run as an aux. or work light in my truck. It doesn't have to be cordless. All the lights I find are cordless. I really love the size of the UK Lightcannon, but its just not quite enough light. Does anybody make a light like this or is it a DIY thing. btw where can I get a decent DIY kit?

CLHC

Flashaholic
I wonder if GoLight may be among one that you could use. Though these are not HIDs, but can be a DIY.

Try looking through MagnaLight.com

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

BVH

Flashaholic
Stay tuned for an announcement by Mtbkndad on Saturday on a new, affordable, bright HID light that, I think, would be right up your alley.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
BVH said:
Stay tuned for an announcement by Mtbkndad on Saturday on a new, affordable, bright HID light that, I think, would be right up your alley.

Damn it! I just had forgotten about this...and now you go and mention it again! LOL! OK, where's my :popcorn::candle::popcorn:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Crap! Now I got all excited again with no way to resolve it. Well I'll be back in about 3 minutes after relieving myself. Stop it BVH ! LOL!

frogs3

Enlightened
Lux,

I amused myself with a new Arc-P this week for distraction. It really is a simple, useful AAA light for my pocket to keep my toes from breaking on bathroom doorframes at 2AM, and from the subject of this thread: in EST it is Saturday, so we will be getting some interesting news soon.

Patience my friend, Patience. Life passes all to quickly.

=HAK

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
frogs3 said:
Lux,

I amused myself with a new Arc-P this week for distraction. It really is a simple, useful AAA light for my pocket to keep my toes from breaking on bathroom doorframes at 2AM, and from the subject of this thread: in EST it is Saturday, so we will be getting some interesting news soon.

Patience my friend, Patience. Life passes all to quickly.

=HAK

LOL...it does pass too quickly, and seems to be speeding up over the years.

That reminds me....a few nights ago I jammed my toe while heading to the bathroom on the new humidifier that my wife strategically positioned right into my nocturnal pathway. I screamed out a series of expletives, to which she calmly jided me: "Well why didn't you use one of your <expletive deleted> flashlights that are all over the <expletive deleted> house?"

She won that round.

02Scuba

Banned
I have a Darkbuster that I purchased last year for night diving. I have used this light on about 35 night dives. I'ts in great shape. I just purcased a new Hellios as my primary night dive light.

Before purchasing the Darkbuster I looked at the UK light Cannon. It's a nice light and for the price (especially if your a vaction diver) you would be hard pressed to beat it. However, the UK is a 10 watt HID that is rated at 450 lumens. The Darkbuster is a litle smaller that the UK and weighs a little less. However, it is a 21 watt HID light and rated at 1350 lumens.

The amount of light the Darkbuster puts out in compairison to the UK is just stunning. Underwater, when the two lights are next to one another the Darkuster out shines the UK to the extent that you can't even tell when the UK is turned on or off. Run time on a single charge for the Darkbuster is suppose to be 135 minutes. I have done to 50 minute dives with no dimming and I suspect that a 135 minutes is probably not out of the question. I simply have not had reason to push the batteries to their limit

Batteryspace.com sells the Darkbuster for $398 plus postage. I 'll sell you mine for $300 delivered. I'ts the same light with the same carrying case and accessories. PM if your interested.

Mike