• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Arc AAA MiniFlupic & MM Cree

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
Hey Chimo whats up! Yeh I remember talking to you about these a couple of weeks ago and you told me you were going to do another little run... but I was just trying to find one for now bc I thought these were a long ways off! You work fast bro:rock: :rock:

vortechs

Enlightened
Hi chimo, how easy would it be to upgrade a second batch miniFLuPIC Arc head from the current SX0H Luxeon-I to a Seoul P4 LED (or Cree XR-E)?

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Hi chimo, how easy would it be to upgrade a second batch miniFLuPIC Arc head from the current SX0H Luxeon-I to a Seoul P4 LED (or Cree XR-E)?

The Seoul would not be a good choice due to the exposed emitter (SSC P4 = gummy dome = lint magnet). The Cree version is still a WIP. It's a lot trickier to get those right. I'll let you know after I get this batch done. Cheers,

Paul

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone tried to fill the head with edmund's optical epoxy? A nice protection...i'ld give it a try. I have the optical epoxy and uv curing...

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
Whats up Coyote! I knew you'd find this thread sooner or later:)

I meant to pm you when I first talked to Chimo about doing this run, I knew you'd be very interested as I know you have impeccable tastes when it comes to lights!!

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't know how it happened clickie, but somehow i've missed knowing about every one of chimo's past Arc AAA FluPIC runs. i have lots of reading to catch up on.

but now that i know about them, i'm sweaty all over.

and great minds do think alike!

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this isn't a sales thread, but it seems to have turned into one. Sorry.... :ohgeez:

Only 5 heads made it through the process. At present I have no plans for another batch.

Here is the PM I sent to those that expressed interest. Thanks,

******************************************************************************************

Hello all, I finished the ArcAAA miniFLuPIC Cree XR-E P4 heads today. The batch only yielded 5 (a couple of heads didn't survive the machining process).

Here are a couple of links to the previous batches.
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115212&page=1
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125151

I have ten names on the list, but unfortunately only 5 heads. :( The list is in order of request. If one of the first 5 do not want one, please let me know so I can let the next in line know.

1. clickie
2. Zionxem
3. kiely23
4. Radio
--------------
5. ydna (please read below)
--------------
6. Erasmus
7. Justone
8. LEDninja
9. coyote
10. Tritium

A couple of notes on these.

1. These are done by hand so the beams are not perfect, but I think they came out a little better than my previous batches.

2. Like any exposed emitter light, you should be careful not to poke or push on the dome.

3. These really push the limits of the 10440 Li-ion batteries, so they will get quite warm quickly. I recommend limiting long runs on full blast.

4. I have included a larger o-ring if you want a tighter head.

5. These are for the heads only. They are all HA-NAT (from cy)

6. IMPORTANT. One of the heads (#5) came with the internal bore offset from the center. This caused the machining to cut through one side of the a little bit where the o-ring goes. This *could* weaken the head a bit, however, I have added more epoxy inside the head for additional strength. Due to this flaw, this head will be sold at $15 less than the other heads. ($75 instead of $90). If one of the first 4 would like to make a deal to switch with ydna - that's fine.

7. These are very bright.

The cost is $90 per head which includes worldwide shipping by Canada Post (Small Packet - Air and includes CAN$100 insurance). As per common CPF sales the purchaser assumes shipping risks in accordance with chosen shipping method.

Please include your full shipping address and your CPF name. If you would like a different type of shipping please contact me via PM before sending paypal. Thanks,

Paypal (either type) is fine.

PAYPAL INFORMATION: chimopaul [at] rogers [dot] com (non credit card) or padded2004 [at] rogers [dot] com (CC type)

Thanks,

Paul

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few have asked me if it's possible to upgrade the earlier batched to Cree or SSC P4.

The gummy domes on the Seoul emitters are not a good choice for the exposed emitter. The Cree uses a narrower cut for the reflector so the focus would not be there as the earlier heads were cut for Luxeon emitters.

Here is a beamshot comparison with some well known lights.