hello everyone

houtex

Enlightened
just want to say hi to evevrybody.I discoverd this place about 2 weeks ago and realized I've been in the dark
naughty.gif
when it comes to flashlights.I have alot of ??'s and I know you all will be able to help.

So on to the questions.First, I work at night,niteclub manager and for 4 years carried a streamlight stinger xt, it's great for self defense and I like the long tight beam it gives when you need to single someone out, the problem with it is the lense has warped with heat twice already and if dropped the bulb breaks.I recently purchased a fenix l1d ce for pocket carry.Great little light,it helped to break up an argument just this past weekend,but i would like something more like the old sl xt without the faults.Second,I'd like to find a flashlight for my truck .It would need to be able to charge thru the cig lighter.Third, one for the home .Rechargeable and durable.Lastly, I've seen those McGizmo lights,WOW those are nice!I would not feel right carrying one of those unless I'm wearing a tuxedo.Seriously,I've got abirthday coming up and thinking about scoring one of those,they seem kinda rare though.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF :wave: First off, if you can snag yourself a McGizmo light, DO IT!!! I don't know what I would do with myself if I lost my beloved PD. His lights a as close to perfection as you can get, and are built like tanks. My only obligation if you do get one is, make sure you put it to good use! They are made to be used!

As for your truck light, I would reccommend a MagCharger with a WA1160 bulb. This light comes with the vehicle charging jack and cradle, and with the bulb upgrade will throw out ~450 lumens out the front :)

And for your home, there are many options and it would help us if you could narrow down your requirements. Do you want LED or incan? Long runtime, or intense blinding output...etc?

And your light to replace your stinger, are you looking for something pocketable or can it be 2D-3D in length? If you can answer some of my questions now, I should be able to offer you some more suggestions.

And lastly, good choice on the L1D-CE. That will serve as a great EDC, and back-up for your more powerful lights that will come along in the near future.

houtex

Enlightened
thanks for the welcome and the replies.
for the home light i guess i would like something not to bulky,rechargeable that maybe i can leave on a base in the garage and near the bed.Reliabity is key.I won't be hitting anyone with the home light so a plastic light would not be a problem.

the work light needs to be tough,glass lens, durable though,incandescent or led?I think i know the difference between the two but not sure which one will work best in my enviroment.I'd like for it to have a tight well focused beam as to not light up the whole place just just the inteneded target like the face of a bad guy.also some kind of lanyard attachment.it don't have to be pocketable.i have a belt holster for the streamlight that has worked fine for years.Intense blinding would certainly help.i would not want it to be too long,heavy or big as i will be wearing the light under my suit on my hip.

COMMANDR

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, these peeps are the best. Oh by the way, hang on to your wallet this place can put a serious dent in it.

Gary

houtex

Enlightened
I agree about things getting expensive.i was lucky enough to go to Lighthounds business,GREAT people over there by the way,nice to see so many nice lights in person.I saw alot of "cool looking" lights not knowing how they would perform but i might purchase them on looks alone.I would have asked them for help but I didn't want to be a bother while they were working.

Flash-addict

Newly Enlightened
might i suggest an l2dce. it's so freakin bright. it can be used for any purpose.great throw and lumen output and the runtimes on e2 lithiums are outstanding:grin2:

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
houtex said:
First, I work at night,niteclub manager and for 4 years carried a streamlight stinger xt, it's great for self defense and I like the long tight beam it gives when you need to single someone out, the problem with it is the lense has warped with heat twice already and if dropped the bulb breaks.... i would like something more like the old sl xt without the faults.
How about a SureFire L7? LED, pyrex lens, rechargeable, bright, rugged.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
houtex, WELCOME to our madness! :party:

wrt to the clublight to replace your stinger XT, will you be using it against people for size/heft to be a requirement? A long tight beam is what we refer to as throw and the Inova lights are well known for that. Check out the T4 reviewed at flashlightreviews.com (Great site. Read it thoroughly). It's total output is less than half of the XT but all of its light is concentrated in the central beam.

houtex

Enlightened
looks like the T4 will be the way to go.Would the streamlight LED perform like my original ?will the lens melt if left on too long again?do LED lights get hot like the incandescents do.Thee is a little known(maybe) bouncer trick to break up two girls fighting,most women grab each others hiar and refuse to let go.A hot lens ffrom a flashlight on the back of the hand or side of the neck usually gets someone to drop everything.