Anyone get their TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 cell Maglites?

ThomasH

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks!

I understood they would be shipping March 8th, so has anyone got their TerraLUX TLE-6EX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for their 3-6 cell Maglite yet?

I have a couple of 5-cell Maglites I would love to improve! :D

- Thomas

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone get their TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 cell Maglites?

JUst got an email it was shipped with a tracking number

Majord

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone get their TerraLUX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade for 3-6 cell Maglites?

bullpup said:
JUst got an email it was shipped with a tracking number

So did I.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
Same here.. Now, just waiting for my (2) 3AA to 1 D adaptors from Litemania to arrive and then I'll have 6AA's in my 2D!!:naughty:

oregon

Enlightened
BMRSEB said:
Same here.. Now, just waiting for my (2) 3AA to 1 D adaptors from Litemania to arrive and then I'll have 6AA's in my 2D!!:naughty:

Hotwire dropin! Oh boy!

I was going to use the Seoul dropin in my 2D ROP (using FM carrier holding 6 x AA nimhs with FM MOP cammed reflector) and, if it survives that, in a 4D Mag with plain vanilla 4D batteries, probably from the Dollar Store.

The dropin seems like an easy way to turn a scorching knuckle-dragging incan ROP into a high efficiency avant garde LED wall of light.

I hope you let us know how it works for you.

Oh, almost forgot, no email received from BatteryJunction, regarding shipment of the dropin. However, I ordered one only a few days ago. Those who hesitate...

oregon

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

HI folks,

TerraLUX had 50 ready yesterday so I had them overnighted and we've shipped the first 50 orders. We have hundreds landing next week so anyone whose order did not ship today will ship next Wednesday-Friday.

mhubble

Enlightened

You know theres alot of other flashlight dealers who could take a lesson or two from MattK on how to take care of their customers.

Ive never seen a dealer of any kind do such a great job of customer service. Keep up the great work Matt.

BMRSEB

Enlightened
@Mhubble.. I know this is MattK's thread and his customer service is great.. But, don't forget Ricky (LumaPower) is also very responsive to customer needs.:)

Again, not taking anything from MattK and BatteryJunction.. Hey, I have ordered a D Mini, TerraLux drop in and will probably order more stuff..:grin2:

ruralott

Newly Enlightened
BMRSEB said:
I searched but couldn't find it anywhere, can you please point me to the right place?

Thanks,

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Ricky does do a great job too - it's one of the reasons I pursued a partnership with him; the other of course being LP's awesome products. :)

Secur1

Enlightened
I am currently in the process of getting a 3C mag from another member on the board (if he responds on his sales thread...) and the terralux drop in seems to be the perfect addon for it, so as soon as i finnalise that deal i will purchase the drop in for it too.
Now the question is, if and when the C rechargable lithium cells come into fruition, are they gonna be ok to run with this drop in ? Or will the voltage supplied be too much for it ?

The purpouse of this light will be to double as a "legal" baton and a long burning led, since most of my lights have an averige runtime of 1h.

Thanks in advance :)

lexina

Enlightened
Secur1 said:
I am currently in the process of getting a 3C mag from another member on the board (if he responds on his sales thread...) and the terralux drop in seems to be the perfect addon for it, so as soon as i finnalise that deal i will purchase the drop in for it too.
Now the question is, if and when the C rechargable lithium cells come into fruition, are they gonna be ok to run with this drop in ? Or will the voltage supplied be too much for it ?

The purpouse of this light will be to double as a "legal" baton and a long burning led, since most of my lights have an averige runtime of 1h.

Thanks in advance :)

In MattK's original sales thread here -

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154679&page=1&pp=60

he mentioned that the module was optimised for 3-9V but thinks that the converter may be able to handle up to 24V with less efficiency. To be safe, you could consider using 2 C-LiIons with 1 dummy cell.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. I'll probably order sometime next week. I have a 2D mag that I modded to run on 3x123a's. I'm picking up a 2-C Mag today as well....That'll be a nice sleeper maglite!

Last edited:

ThomasH

Newly Enlightened
But, no one has received one yet? :(

I just can't wait for someone to get one and let us know what they are _really_ like! :D

:popcorn:

- Thomas

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThomasH said:
But, no one has received one yet? :(

I just can't wait for someone to get one and let us know what they are _really_ like! :D

:popcorn:

- Thomas

Me too, I am waiting,
I would like to see how they stack up against the K2 version which I already have

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast

:popcorn: Awaiting review, this drop-in seems to have tons of potential :popcorn:

Secur1

Enlightened
lexina said:
In MattK's original sales thread here -

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154679&page=1&pp=60

he mentioned that the module was optimised for 3-9V but thinks that the converter may be able to handle up to 24V with less efficiency. To be safe, you could consider using 2 C-LiIons with 1 dummy cell.

That's good :) I just made the order.
Will i have to make any other kind of modifications when i want to use the C lithium cells ? Like modding the switch or something along those lines ?