M3T battery options

trouble

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I've got an M3T and a C2 with TH and a cell-extender, I'm wanting to get some rechargable batts for both of them. What do you guys recommend for batteries and charger, I was thinking protected 17670's for the cells or would a different one be better. I'm not looking to bump up output just looking for a cheaper way to run my bigger lights without breaking the bank, will I need extra cell extenders for both lights to run 17670's in essence making them M4's? I'm wanting to stick with M3T LA's unless the rechargables would extend the run time with M4 LA's. I know about lighthound, are there any other places to get flashlight goodies other than LH? Any suggestions will be appreciated,thanks.

zx7dave

Enlightened
I am just learning about the rechargeables myself. Here is what I was told. You are wanting rechargeables for two lights that are both 3 cell lights (M3T and C2 + A19 adapter). The 17670 has the physical size of two CR123 batteries, so they will not work for this application unless you added another A19 making it i essence a M4. So the correct rechargeables for a three cell light is the 17500's. Each of these cells is about 1.5 times the legnth of a CR123. So you would need two of them to fill the physical space in your M3T and C2+A19 setup. However at this time I am not savy on if that is enough voltage to properly run the incandesent bulbs. I don't have this problem because I will be running LED's.
The batteries I mentioned should be 16 or 17mm diameter so no boring should be required to make the batteries work. The 18500's would be a good choice if the light bodies were bored to accept 18mm batteries.
I hope this gets you on your way...and someone smarter that me can add to thisand also verify what I said to be accurate...

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The above post contains most of what you need to know. I have a 9P and run an MN15 on 2x17500s from AW with no problem. My MN16 does need a double click to fire it up on two 17500s though, so this might be something to consider if you want to run this lamp.

With 2x17670s (ie my 9P with an extender = M4 size) both my MN15 and MN16 run fine.

Hope this helps.