For The RKBA folks here.....

cslinger

Enlightened
I know alot of us are pro RKBA here so I thought I would post that the DC gunban has just been overturned and the 2nd was flat out said to be an individual right. The court is even taking the time to refute all the arguments against this, including using that the world PEOPLE in every amendment means the individual and therefore also means it in the 2nd.

This is a big day for us pro RKBA folks.

For those anti RKBA I post this only to inform the folks who care. I do not do so to flame, argue or in anyway call to task your opinions. This is informational only.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The U.S. Circuit Courts are not in agreement on this issue, so I suspect this one will make it to the Supremes. The good news is that the appellant (DC) will have a higher burden of proof. More good news is that - thanks to W - the court has more constrict constructionists who read what the Constitution actually says rather than attributing to it language which does not exist.

Interesting that the cities which impose the harshest restrictions on lawful firearm possession are the same ones with the highest crime rates, but thats for another thread I guess.

Think I'll celebrate this one by switching my EDC from a Kahr PM9 to a Springfield 1911.

cheers

cslinger

Enlightened
You know I don't think SCOTUS will want to touch the RKBA issue with a 10 foot pole. It is more explosive the the abortion issue and if they uphold then there will be a buttload of gun laws that will come crashing to the ground since they were a great example of the Emperors New Clothes to begin with.

Whatever the case today is a great day for liberty and with those morons in congress pushing a new, harsher AWB a little good news never hurts.

Chris