Polarity forgiving led drop in with/or side emitter?

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
Anybody know of a good general drop-in (PR4) for a spotlight that is initially forgiving with polarity? I have a 4C generic spotlight, however I'd like to upgrade it to LED. I already burned up a nite ize, probably the polarity is reversed. In its incan form, it does good, but would like longer battery life with at or about the same light abilities. I'm thinking a side emitter might make better use of large reflector it has.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EverLED has a reverse polarity version, as well as standard polarity with reverse polarity protection AND a version with no reverse polarity protection.

The reverse polarity version is intended for lanterns and the few flashlights with the odd configuration.

Illum

Flashaholic
cratz2 said:
The EverLED has a reverse polarity version, as well as standard polarity with reverse polarity protection AND a version with no reverse polarity protection.

The reverse polarity version is intended for lanterns and the few flashlights with the odd configuration.

aye, but everled says even with the polarity protection its not recommended to leave the input current reversed for long periods of time, its used for a "check" option

EVERLED's reverse polarity version if referred to as "Diamond" instead of the original "classic"