Single cell (CR 123) LED headlamp ?

alexnego

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a headlamp driven by a single CR123 battery, with 3 or 4 normal LED. It would be great if somebody could post links to the web site of any lights
or reviews of this kind.

firefly99

Enlightened
Take a look at the Inova 24x7. It is the only single cell CR123 headlamp in the market. It has multiple function.

The other single cell CR123 headlamp is actually Surefire helmet light.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai also has a 1W Luxeon one, but it is very hard to find. I don't even remember what the model name was.
I want a single cell CR123 headlight too, but have not decided on the Inova yet. Probably will eventually, since every one that has one touts it's usefulness and versatility.

Anyway, the Inova is better quality and has more functions. Don't underestimate the value and usefulness of 5mm LEDs. I just used an LRI Proton all week as my EDC on vacation and used it several times every day. I had brought my FireFly3 SSC and Fenix L1T CR123 along and still used only the Proton.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the HLX712L for a few years and it is a great light. It does use 2x123, so I don't know if that will disqualify it from your intended use. It is lightweight enough to feel comfortable with its all upfront design. Some heavier lights don't feel good like this and need to have the battery pack in the back for balance, but then you loose some dependability/ruggedness due to the wires/connections.

This can run using rechargable 3.0v RCR123s. I got mine from MattK at BatteryJunction.

I've used this headlamp cross country skiing, mtn biking, hiking/backpacking, insulating my attic, and caving. It has held up great. I think its the best value in a bright headlamp. I believe I've seen a 3 watt Lux version of this also.