MN01 Bulb Life

Esthan

Enlightened
A question to the E1e owners.
How long does the MN01 Bulb actually live in a daily used E1e ?

P.S. Search engine wasn't much of a help unfortunatelly.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used both of mine quite a bit and both are still on their original lamp assemblies. All Surefire lamps have an "official" lifespan of 30 hours. That being said, I have been using Surefires for about 15 years and I have never had a lamp go out on any of them. All my Surefire incandescents still have their original lamps in them. I have heard many accounts of lamps lasting over 100 hours. I was talking to a Surefire representative at one point and remarked that the only thing I don't like about Surefires is that they don't have a spare lamp in them. He said the reason Surefires don't have a spare lamp built in is that they don't need one. At the time, I thought that was a rather interesting and over-confident thing to say, but after my experiences with them, I think I agree with him. You should get many good years out of your MN01.

alfalfa

Newly Enlightened
I replaced my first MN01 the other day, it probably had at least 40 hours on it, with daily use ranging from a short flash to expending a battery in one evening. Bulb life has been good on my Surefires, but i have replaced two MN02's and one MN03 over the course of one year, but the lights have seen frequent extended use.

Last edited:

Latest posts