New truck needs a new flashlight

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I will be getting a new (actually used) truck in the next month or so. So I need a new light for it. Here is what I am thinking.

Less than $140
Rechargeable
Very bright
Size/weight not an issue
Charge speed is not an issue

The 10x is out on price.
The 8NX is possible, but I think I can do beter

I think I will go with a Ultra Stinger or SL-20X with a SL-35x bulb.

The U.S. is 10 watts where as the SL-35x bulb in 20 watts. This would make the SL-20 much brighter than the US. But the ultra stinger is cheaper and has received much praise.

Any thoughts?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

SL Litebox . Or UltraStinger...

And few SFs.
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, I forgot: Nite Tracker S/R

500000cp, illuminates objects 1 mile away, 3.5hours run time,8hr recharge, build-in stand, reflective sides, charger can be mounted in any position,comes with 12v and 120v cords, filters available.

$116

A LOT more powerful compared to the Litebox.

Grog

Enlightened
I go with Lightbox/Vulcan as a dedicated truck light. But a more traditional style light has it's adventiges as far as mounting and blending in.

It depends on what you do with your truck (emergency service or other type of any hours/any weather job) would dictate what would be better.
/
/
I just looked at the Nite Tracker S/R
and i'll have to keep that in mind. When I was doing Fire/EMS stuff the trucks had Lightboxes (mostly the older style
tongue.gif
). How do they stand up as far as abuse?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kb0rrg:
I will be getting a new (actually used) truck in the next month or so. So I need a new light for it. Here is what I am thinking.

Less than $140
Rechargeable
Very bright
Size/weight not an issue
Charge speed is not an issue

The 10x is out on price.
The 8NX is possible, but I think I can do beter

I think I will go with a Ultra Stinger or SL-20X with a SL-35x bulb.

The U.S. is 10 watts where as the SL-35x bulb in 20 watts. This would make the SL-20 much brighter than the US. But the ultra stinger is cheaper and has received much praise.

Any thoughts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Size/wight not an issue?
Recharge time not an issue?

Check out the Spotlight forum. Last night some friends and I had to take a 4 wheeler way into a huge field to retrieve a broken off road bike. It was totally dark, and the one headlight on the 4 wheeler did not work well.

I took my:

Inova X5
2 Surge's with new batteries
Legend LX
Aurora Headlamp
Optronics 2 mil CP spotlight.

Well, I really like all those lights, but you gotta see the Optronics 2 mil CP spotlight.

Going fast in a field with absolutly no ambient lighting, the Optronics is just awsom! Other spotlights like LSI and Vector and Q-beam might be good too, but I don't own them, so I can't do a comparision. Don't want to imply bad things about them.

Of course, it's overkill if you need it to change your tire, but man, sometimes you really are glad you have the power of this light, and it is under 50 dollars at cabalas.

SCOTT THE BADGER

Newly Enlightened
May I please suggest a Stinger HP to begin with, with the addition of a LiteBox, as soon as economically feasable. The UltraStinger really is an uberflashlight, but is just a little unwieldly, compared with the also very bright Stinger HP. The LiteBox is a light that everyone should have in their vehicle. Between it's long run time, it's power,it's being rechargeable, and the flexible head, it is remarkablely useful. When the time comes that you are changing a tire on a blustery October night,
you will be greatful for having bought it. LITEBOX, LITEBOX, RAH! RAH! RAH!

kb0rrg

Enlightened
It is interesting that the Litebox is getting so much mention. It is rare to hear of it in the forums. I will have a cordless spotlight, but I am looking for an actual flashlight too. When I said size/weight not an issue, I guess what I really ment was 20x is ok, but no bigger.