L1D CE or L2D CE Questions

peskyphotons

Newly Enlightened
Anybody notice any parasitic current draw from your L1D CE or L2D CE when not turned on? I suspect it is my Energizer 2500s having a high self-discharge rate but I am not sure. It seems that I only get about a week out of them when I put them in the light with little use. I have not noticed the cells being dead when I put them in the light, but I will check them with the ZTS battery checker before I put them in next time.

Thanks,
Alex

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's likely that your Energizer developped high self-discharge... What is the date code on those (code stamped on shrink wrap)?

peskyphotons

Newly Enlightened
WildChild said:
It's likely that your Energizer developped high self-discharge... What is the date code on those (code stamped on shrink wrap)?

I think they say "1 0-04 SQ".
If that means 2004, well rats. Are they that old?

Alex

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
peskyphotons said:
Anybody notice any parasitic current draw from your L1D CE or L2D CE when not turned on? I suspect it is my Energizer 2500s having a high self-discharge rate but I am not sure. It seems that I only get about a week out of them when I put them in the light with little use. I have not noticed the cells being dead when I put them in the light, but I will check them with the ZTS battery checker before I put them in next time.

Thanks,
Alex

Let your batteries sit for a week and see how much capacity is left when you stick 'em into your lights.

Compare them to freshly charged batteries and their runtimes on your lights.

You should be able to get a crude idea of how much self discharge your talking about.

Or, get an idea if you're having some high draw between your lights and your batts.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Likely in the faulty batch... Bad ones are between end of 2004 and almost mid-2005. I had some 10-04 go bad after only 5 cycles! :) Contact Energizer for replacement!

peskyphotons said:
I think they say "1 0-04 SQ".
If that means 2004, well rats. Are they that old?

Alex

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done tests on the switch for the L2D/L1D in the off position it is an open circuit with no resistance. I suspect bad cells

not2bright

Enlightened
I agree with TORCH_BOY. Unless you have some sort of a faulty switch, the L1Dx is open circuit when the switch is in the off position.

I haven't had a problem and am using ROV Hybrid cells.

Send those cells back if they are having problems.