LASER brand flashlight K2?

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from playing cards and while we were leaving one of my friends asked me if i want to buy a LED flashlight, it takes 2 x CR123's and appears to have a K2, he says its bright, any info on this? He said he paid $80 for it. I am searching now but with no avail.

Illum

Flashaholic
2000xlt said:
it takes 2 x CR123's and appears to have a K2

theres half a million flashlight out there that uses 2x123As, a K2 looks no different than a typical Luxeon die other than the difference in star layout and an extra set of contacts...

2000xlt said:
he says its bright, any info on this?

"bright" can include everything from a thor 10MCP to a maglite solitaire depending on who your talking to:ohgeez:

you didnt give us enough information to have a definite idea as to what your talking about... for starters, is there a brand name?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a Laser Devices Inc. light - I know they had some similar stuff but I can't access it (stupid filter)

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah thats it, his was the black one, i have yet to go over his house with my RCR 123's to try it out, i might be able to get it for $50, but not right now though, i have other expenses to contend with first.

Thanks gunner

Illum

Flashaholic
I wonder if anyone has a review on this...

http://www.laserdevices.com/product.php?id=29 said:
Xenon: 1 hour continuous
LED: .75 hours continuous
im surprised about the shift in runtime of the LEDs as the lower end:ohgeez: