Interesting find at my local SF dealer shop

firefly99

Enlightened
I browsing in my local dealer shop when noticed some propotype.

a) a much shorter SF L1 with Cree LED
b) a 6P with Cree LED
it seem like a armour plate KL3 bezel, (think M2), mounted on a 6P

No price and stock information for the above 2 lights.

I also the 6P defender on display for sale, slightly more expensive than a stock 6P.

firefly99

Enlightened
skalomax said:
Not for sale

Yes, not for sale.

One word to describe the L1, cute. It is a little longer than a E1L. The switching is same as the original L1 and the low & high beam brigtness is different.

Noticed that both L1 Cree and 6P Cree use a reflector instead of optics.

I did hold the L1 and switch on the low and high beam. For 6P Cree, I dismantle the Cree bezel and it seem like a KL3 to me except that the wall thickness is very thick.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
I think the new KX5 bezel was mounted on the 6P body. I have a few pictures of the new KX5 bezel from a Korean website and the optic looks transparent. The KX5 bezel seems to be a reflector and optic hybrid.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The "KX5" bezel for the new L5 has a TIR optic. No reflector. But you're right, it does appear to have a reflector rather than an optic from some angles.

Also, the KX5 bezel will be released in black because it is intended to replace the Z32 of the Classic SureFire WeaponLights. At SHOT Show 2007 PK had a couple mounted on 6P bodies. It is possible SureFire will release this combination as well as the L5.

Al