Fenix L2D CE LOST IN MAIL!??!!

magnum70383

Enlightened
I ordered my L2D at Fenix-store on feb 18th and IT STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED!!!
Does it take THAT long to reach Toronto, Canada???? Pls tell me it didn't get lost somewhere in the mail! Does it happen often that packages gets lost while sending to places or am i just the unfortunate one>!?!?!?:mad:

moraino

Enlightened
Be patient! Wait another week and it should be there. It maybe there on Tuesday. Good luck and have hope.

magnum70383

Enlightened
lol.. hope eh.. hmm, found it.. should be around 14 days... damn it's waaaaaay past... well, i'll give it another week and email fenix again... lets see what they'll do..

QUESTION. HAS ANYONE had this problem before where the flashlight didn't get shipped to you at all? What did you do? What did Fenix-store do???

bridgman

Enlightened
Lost packages happen but they are pretty rare. It's more likely the delivery notice was lost and it's sitting in a post office waiting for you to pick it up.

The postal service offers online tracking for many types of shipments -- first thing is to check with the store to see if they can give you a link or tracking number. Do you know how it was shipped and whether it was insured ?

Hold on -- I noticed that the banner at fenix-store.com said "March 6 -- we are temporarily in stock on L2Ds..." which makes me think your shipment didn't go out until the 6th or 7th. If that is the case then it should be fetching up in your mailbox in the next day or two.

Anyways, give 'em a call and find out when and how it shipped.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
US to Canada and Canada to US can take forever. Customs is so slow. I've had stuff from China arrive in less than 1/2 the time something from Canada did.

I've sent things to Canada and with the customs form legibly and accurately filled out (to reflect the actual value of the contents and description) and usually, it takes a week or less. Ocassionally two weeks.

tibim

Newly Enlightened
I shipped a KL1 to someone in canada a while back(from USA via airmail). Took about 4-5 weeks. All the proper forms were filled out for customs. We had both thought it was lost, but did finally show up.

This was around Christmas time though, which may have had something to do with it. Either way from everyone else's experiences it seems that super long shipping times are not uncommon... don't give up hope yet!

-tibim

Argon

Newly Enlightened
magnum70383 said:
Does it take THAT long to reach Toronto, Canada???? Pls tell me it didn't get lost somewhere in the mail! Does it happen often that packages gets lost while sending to places or am i just the unfortunate one>!?!?!?:mad:

Customs must suck going to Canada, usually get things in a week here in
Australia from the states sometimes less and usually no more then 2 weeks. The
Biggest hold up is usually when they take there time posting something out.
I always opt for the cheapest method of post and only insure it if it's valuable,
or if they offer insurance for a good price. Had about 20-30 odd items delivered
From the states and not a problem yet. Not to mention the hundreds of locally
Delivered parcels as well as others from different countries.

When I brought my L2D and L0D ce from the fenix store I did opt for the $5 insurance though.

brewt

Newly Enlightened
You might want to consider ordering from seriouslights.com next time since they ship directly from Canada. They have a decent Canadian price (ie. decent USD to CDN exchange rate) if you order in CDN dollars, and don't forget the free shipping and batteries for CPF users. I just ordered a L1D CE on Friday. Should get here by Wednesday.

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
I an a ebay seller and ship items to Canada all the time.. It is rare that items get lost. Of course it does happen on rare occasions.. The likely culprit is that your item has been flagged by customs, this happens to a small percentage of parcels.. Once flagged it can add 2-3 weeks to your delivery time.. Most airmail packages I send arrive within 5-7 business days.. If your item gets flagged it can take 3-4 weeks.. If he shipped via usps airmail shipping, most likely there is a customs # which will show the date he shipped the item. Unfortunately it cannot be used to track and item to destination. Only express mail shipping through the post office can be tracked from point of origin to destination.

Be patient, I have bought 2 lights from fenix-store with no issues.. If they had problem you would see lots of threads on this website pointing that out..

Last edited:

atm

Enlightened
magnum70383 said:
I ordered the same light around the same time you did, and at the time they were out of stock. As bridgman suggested they were only sent out last week, Thursday in the case of my order.

When did you receive your email advising you that it had shipped?

noorudeenshakur

Newly Enlightened
This is why i bought my light from j2ledflashlights.com they are local (Toronto), and have good prices. They are an impules buyers worst nightmare since I can call him up and go pick it up the same day :)

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
I pre-ordered an L1D CE on Jan 24th and it shipped on Feb 3rd, but I only received it on Feb 26th probably due to the Lunar New Year holidays.

On Feb 18th they were out of stock I believe. Factory was closed too due to Lunar New Year. Anyway I ordered another L1D CE (for a friend :D) on Feb 27th but it was out of stock. It just shipped on March 2nd so I expect it here soon. This is the fourth light I'm ordering from Fenix-store and no problem yet :) David is very accomodating and professional.

Anyways... you can check your order history at the site to see when it actually shipped.

Happy waiting.

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
My P1D CE from Fenix-store to Tenerife 4 days (incredible fast)
My Kershaw ET from USA to Tenerife more than 4 weeks.....

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
magnum70383 said:
QUESTION. HAS ANYONE had this problem before where the flashlight didn't get shipped to you at all?
Twice.

What did you do?
e-mailed fenix-store.com

What did Fenix-store do???
Acknowledged the error and sent the merchandise.

I've had a surprising number of hiccups when ordering from fenix-store.com, but they've all been remedied to my satisfaction, and I'm still happy to give him my business.

magnum70383

Enlightened
bridgman said:
Lost packages happen but they are pretty rare. It's more likely the delivery notice was lost and it's sitting in a post office waiting for you to pick it up.

The postal service offers online tracking for many types of shipments -- first thing is to check with the store to see if they can give you a link or tracking number. Do you know how it was shipped and whether it was insured ?

Hold on -- I noticed that the banner at fenix-store.com said "March 6 -- we are temporarily in stock on L2Ds..." which makes me think your shipment didn't go out until the 6th or 7th. If that is the case then it should be fetching up in your mailbox in the next day or two.

Anyways, give 'em a call and find out when and how it shipped.

Purhased on the 18th, shipped on the 20th of Feb.
Airmail, no tracking...which sucks. I don't even know where it is.
Emailed Fenix. He told me to wait for another week. YEah, next time I'm gonna check out Canadian companies to order from...takes way too long.

magnum70383

Enlightened
gswitter said:
Twice.

e-mailed fenix-store.com

Acknowledged the error and sent the merchandise.

I've had a surprising number of hiccups when ordering from fenix-store.com, but they've all been remedied to my satisfaction, and I'm still happy to give him my business.
wow TWICE? Hey where do you live? And yeah, they said if my L2D really doesn't arrive, they will send it again at their own lost. ARGH! This waiting game is killing me...:mad:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
magnum70383 said:
wow TWICE? Hey where do you live? And yeah, they said if my L2D really doesn't arrive, they will send it again at their own lost. ARGH! This waiting game is killing me...:mad:

I'm in Calif. In both cases, I received shipping confirmation e-mails, but when I contacted him later, I was told the orders had not shipped. I don't remember why, and I chalked it up to standard, small business issues. As I said, both cases were remedied to my satisfaction, and I placed another order with David just this past week.