Which one is brighter??? Ultrafire C2 3w cree or DX U2 style 3w cree

Randy555

Newly Enlightened
I hope someone could give some info. as to which light is actually brigther and would give longer runtime.

Cheers,
Randy:)

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you probably won't get both brighter AND longer runtime with the same LED. But I can say the U2 style Cree which is pulling 1.4+ amps off my battery and probably putting at least 1.2 amps to the LED is very very bright. I think the Cree pulls just over 0.5 amps so it is not going to be as bright but will likely give longer runtimes.

Randy555

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply matrixshaman, I had the regulated U2 for more than a week and it was very bright, and I am considering the Ultrafire C2 since its also a cree I was thinking its as bright but like you said its a bit less but with longer runtime. Do you think its comparable or greater than the previous 7watt lights from Dx.

Cheers,
Randy

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not too familiar with the 7 watt (Goldstein?) but I think that was a Lux V or Lux III being driven hard. I'd look at the claimed Lux readings on DX as I think Kyle does a good job of keeping things honest or compared to other lights there is consistency in his readings. I'd tend to think the U2 style Cree is about the brightest one there at the moment although some of the Seoul P4's might be close but I think all of them are direct drive (something I don't like in most lights).

beefy6969

Newly Enlightened
Based on lightreviews.info

Ultrafire C2 = 6180lux
DX U2 Style= 5190lux

Not sure but why does my C2 seems so green?

berto

Newly Enlightened
I have both and the u2style is alot brighter (celling bounce test)than all 3 of my c2's.But the c2 lasts a long time on a set of batterys.

Enlightened
My DX "U2" is quickly becoming my favorite light for the money. It's definitely bright. I took the following picture last night on the side of my house. It's a pretty dark alley.

DXoutside_filtered.jpg

berto

Newly Enlightened
I just tried my c2 with 2 3.6v batteries Its alot brighter now pretty close if not equal to the u2 style.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C2 I have found is very well regulated on two cells -- it draws more current from 3V primary cells than from fresh 3.8V LiIon cells. However, its brightness drops off significantly on one cell (only draws ~560mA from tailcap) -- but that should be good for long runtime, if that's desired. Throw is quite good. Build quality is also good -- and it has things like gold plated springs, solid feeling switch aluminum reflector. Several things I did not expect from a $20 light.

Not sure but why does my C2 seems so green?
Mine has a slight greenish tint as well. I consider it a major advantage -- try taking any "true white" looking LED outdoors and compare it to your greenish Cree LED and you'll see what my mean -- in real world use, I find the greenish LEDs tend to render color much better.