Which inductor used for Arc ls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're reading this, you must know what I'm talking about... (The one with the red and orange dots on it....

Cheers... !

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Wish I could remember. I posted a similar question a couple of years ago. I was wanting to replace one that had a broken core. In my post I was wondering if having a piece of the core being broken off would have much effect on output. Was also asking where I might get a replacement. I ended up getting a replacement from Dat2Zip IRCC. I believe the original BadBoy circuit is very similar to the circuit found in the arc LS lights. Hope this helps.

cheers,

zwf

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these good, and where can these be ordered in small quantities ?

BTW, thanks guys !!

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
louie said:
My old notes say it's likely a 3.3uH Coilcraft.

I think Louie is right. I don't remember if Coilcraft has a selection process on their website. There is a universal color and multiplier for each inductor. Sorry Bombel, I have left a few LS lights stock due to collectors value. I've had the rest replaced with locally produced PCB's. Those darn boards are not cheap to improve or closely replicate in small quantities. No one would recreate the works exactly due to possible legal infringement. If you take a close up pic and send it to Coilcraft , the support staff can give you a value and part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts