Mysterious Appearances

flash_bang

Enlightened
If anyone has a light that either a)they didn't know about or b) didn't know that they had lost it and found it, share your story here!

A couple days ago I was trying to find something and I found an old black mini-mag on a nightstand, I guess my dad got a long time ago. Maybe I have an excuse for my flashaholicness :laughing: Not much else, but I thought that was very interesting. My dad never remembers what he buys, so I might be able to buy a 6D maglite and say, oh wow, look at this! Unlikely to work, but worth a shot.

have a good one,
Flash_Bang

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I found one of my Princeton Tec Impact XL lights in my back yard, on the lawn next to the porch. To this day, I have NO IDEA how it got there - I normally keep most of them in a desk drawer!

Best wishes,
Bawko

greenLED

Flashaholic
If someone sees my Gladius, let me know. Last time I used it, it was in my nightstand. It must be on vacation with the dust bunnies somewhere.

flash_bang

Enlightened
on a slightly different note, if anyone finds my SAK huntsman, let me know
kthxbye
Flash

swampgator

Enlightened
My wife was cleaning out a closet recently and found another minimag.

Just yesterday I was in my shed looking for something and found my Fulton GI angle head, that I've had since my Army days, behind my workbench. Apparently years ago, based on the cob webs, I'd hung it on a nail on the bench and it feel. I've cleaned it up and I'm contemplating what to do with it.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, I lost my SureFire.M2 at the gun range and to date still a no show. . .so let me know!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still looking for my Solitaire that went missing when I moved house, It was packed in
a box with some other goods, when I went to unpack the box, it and a few other items were missing. I asked the removalists if they had seen it but they denied.

flash_bang

Enlightened
TORCH_BOY said:
I'm still looking for my Solitaire that went missing when I moved house, It was packed in
a box with some other goods, when I went to unpack the box, it and a few other items were missing. I asked the removalists if they had seen it but they denied.
GAH! Dirty thieves! :xyxgun: Attack!!!!
have a good one,
Flash

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Recently rediscovered an old 6D Radio Shack freebee that was packed up in a box I hadn't opened since our move over five years ago.

Geoff

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found my Surefire "Hellfire" that I lost a few years ago in my sock drawer under some old sox. I wondered where that thing went...

dlittle3

Newly Enlightened
O know please, not your Gladius best to clean-up rearrange furniture etc. to find it
Hurry. (good luck)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
If someone sees my Gladius, let me know. Last time I used it, it was in my nightstand. It must be on vacation with the dust bunnies somewhere.

If I had dust bunnies that were capable of moving a flashlight(let alone a Gladius), I would sleep with my XD45 in my hand and one eye open!!!

BTW......How do you get the dust bunnies to go on vacation? My house was built in 1925 and there are too many of them!! and I keep missing them everytime I do use the 45 in the house. In fact they seem to multiply everytime I shoot at 'em!!! *******S!!:laughing:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
flash_bang said:
If anyone has a light that either a)they didn't know about or b) didn't know that they had lost it and found it, share your story here!

Last week I happened across a Tupperware container buried under some junk in a kitchen cabinet. Inside the container was:

Pelican MightyLight 2AAA - blue-tinted translucent with pocket clip and a magnet on the end.

Streamlight PocketMate 2AAA - black aluminum twisty head with pocket clip.

TeknaLight 2AA - black twisty head dive light with wrist strap.

MiniMag 2AAA - black with pocket clip.

Can't recall seeing any of these lights for probably twenty years, but luckily I must have remembered to remove their batteries. Tried them out and they all work OK.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a handful of Ultra-Gs the other day hanging out under the desk in a box.. still in the plastic, too!!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Okay, here's one I found a few weeks back while doing floor covering at an apartment. There was this flashlight sitting on the counter with some other things that I thought was a "black stick of death" 8 cell Maglite. When I looked at it, it was a Kel-Light and thinking to myself what? :thinking: The woman that owned the apartment said that it was her dad's flashlight when he was an officer some years ago. She asked me if I wanted to have it which I responded "oh heckt yes!" But for some reason, after the carpeting was done, I forgot to take it with me. . .:huh: How stupid was that?

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
ACMarina, I think those are mine? I must have left them there a few years ago =) lol j/k!

I'm hoping the following turn up somewhere:

- VB-16 in black that I used for about a week before it went AWOL
- Ditto on an L0P (first and only Fenix, well assuming it's still somewhere in this house!)
- SmartFire CR2 w/ R/O lux mod, and matching Kazu leather holster

About $125 in lost material; could be worse, though, I guess!