Which is the best LED upgrade for maglites...

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have a 3D and 6D maglite both still running a traditional bulb. I noticed at Target tonight that they had what looked like a maglite branded LED upgrade for a 2D and then a seperate model for 3D. These were $20, they also had another branded one (Nite Ize?) for $10. Any feedback on which is better, or is there something better available for the price on the web?

Thanks,

Alan

Cydonia

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum. (Hmmm... a rash of Maglite replacement bulb questions lately?! ) Well, there is a new simple replacement LED bulb that will work wonders for your old 3D and 6D Maglites. An online store called batteryjunction has em. here

So for mega brightness you get the new TerraLux drop in. For super long run time for emergency situations store one of those NiteIze or MagLED's in the tail cap of the Maglite. That's about it really.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
alank2 said:
I noticed at Target tonight that they had what looked like a maglite branded LED upgrade for a 2D and then a seperate model for 3D. These were $20, they also had another branded one (Nite Ize?) for $10. Any feedback on which is better, or is there something better available for the price on the web?
The $10 Nite Ize is very dim. I suggest you stay away from it unless you want something that is a bit brighter than a night light. The Maglite LED upgrades are much better. Other alternatives include a Variable Power L.E.D. upgrade available from Sears for about $15, which works in 1-5 cells lights (I like mine a lot) and the new TerraLUX TLE-1F MiniStar1 1 Watt Universal Fit Flange Mount LED-Replacement bulb which works in 2-6 cell lights.